2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was excellent today, up there for MOM. Looked a little out of sorts at RB but not helped by a listless Walcott ahead of him (get out of my club).

First time I’ve seen him want to tackle and look competent doing it. Can’t remember him losing the ball.

Doesn't make many mistakes as far as I'm concerned but until he can receive a ball and turn with it (instead of passing it straight back to same player or another defender) he'll never make us a better team.
I can't help feeling he just has 180° outlook on play. Class players have more.

Exactly, he's a back up who didn't cost anything and is on low wages which everyone seems to care about and he can do a job, like today when called upon. I think everyones level has upped a notch we didn't get over run even with TD and GS in the middle. Fresh season fresh start, only Pickford has shown to be incompetent so far.
Can agree with some of this. I would say there have been many times when Tom has been called upon, and he hasn't done the job. Now some say he was great today I think he was average. Great block to save Pickford again today, but also gave the ball away to their attacker who shot narrowly wide. That would have made it 3-2. I have said for a while that Tom needs to build himself up physically so that he can compete. At the moment he is very average. He played ok now he needs to do consistently. I actually like Tom, like his individual dress sense. Let's hope he can improve because if he is kept which looks likely he will be a squad player who when he is called upon will need to play at a better level than he has done so far

Thought he was excellent today, up there for MOM. Looked a little out of sorts at RB but not helped by a listless Walcott ahead of him (get out of my club).

First time I’ve seen him want to tackle and look competent doing it. Can’t remember him losing the ball.
He lost the ball when he tried to pass to Siggy but passed straight to their player who shot narrowly wide. if it had gone in it would have been 3-2 with about 25 minutes left. We all have our opinion. For me he was average not excellent

Thought he did well - more composed, better accuracy but Decourre, Mina and James were in my opinion far above in in the stakes for MotM. But you are right much better today.

Status
Not open for further replies.