2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats fair enough mate, I totally can see that opinion i just don't get the vile hatred and toxicity that spews from a section of our fan base, some players develop better under certain circumstances and i think if tom was loaned to the championship it would make or break him, similar to Holgate and even Coleman.
I don’t think he deserves the some of the hatred he gets.
but again he’s been in the Prem for 4 seasons, so how is going down to the championship going to help. If he does well is he going to come back flying next season at the higher level? I doubt it personally.

And holgate has played the equivalent of one whole season, before going on loan to West Brom. Not nearly 3 season like Davies.

I don’t think he deserves the some of the hatred he gets.
but again he’s been in the Prem for 4 seasons, so how is going down to the championship going to help. If he does well is he going to come back flying next season at the higher level? I doubt it personally.

And holgate has played the equivalent of one whole season, before going on loan to West Brom. Not nearly 3 season like Davies.
Yeah but nearly 3 seasons of being in and out the team, 4 different managers and a few different positions. A full season in the championship playing 25+ full games is the exact experience he needs in my opinion, after that if he hasn't pushed on or found any consistency then I agree he should move on.

And thats fair enough mate, I totally can see that opinion i just don't get the vile hatred and toxicity that spews from a section of our fan base, some players develop better under certain circumstances and i think if tom was loaned to the championship it would make or break him, similar to Holgate and even Coleman.

Issue is with 100+ PL games under his belt, I think we're past the point of saying he needs a loan to the Championship.

A move could help him, just not sure he's ever going to be good enough to push us on.

Yeah but nearly 3 seasons of being in and out the team, 4 different managers and a few different positions. A full season in the championship playing 25+ full games is the exact experience he needs in my opinion, after that if he hasn't pushed on or found any consistency then I agree he should move on.
Honestly let’s end it now,
You’re sounding like his dad or brother.
He’s had loads of chances.
Ancelotti hasn’t been brought In and paid 10mil a Year, to give Tom Davies another 30 games to see if he finally comes good.

Can't believe any clothing manufacturer, designer or shop would see a ringing endorsement from Tom Davies as anything positive.

Have you seen what he chooses to wear? and on a week day as well.

erm, questionable I think is the word

24693622-7999761-image-a-28_1581596177194.jpg

We may have to get someone to redefine the word hatred so it can be properly applied to having adverse opinions on players' abilities. Its frequent use on this site is entirely inappropriate. I imagine nobody "hates" anybody in the proper sense of the word. Oh, well maybe if we exclude a certain football establishment not very far from Everton. But that is OK to hate an institution.

We may have to get someone to redefine the word hatred so it can be properly applied to having adverse opinions on players' abilities. Its frequent use on this site is entirely inappropriate. I imagine nobody "hates" anybody in the proper sense of the word. Oh, well maybe if we exclude a certain football establishment not very far from Everton. But that is OK to hate an institution.
I don't hate him but clearly Tom is not good enough for Everton, actually the better question should be how is he still at Everton when he has failed to impress half a dozen managers.

Issue is with 100+ PL games under his belt, I think we're past the point of saying he needs a loan to the Championship.

A move could help him, just not sure he's ever going to be good enough to push us on.
Agree with this mate.

Just the length of time that this conversation has been going on shows that he hasn't improved much and that we still don't really know where his best position is. The shouts for him to go out on loan for a season make sense and if he still doesn't kick on we would be better off selling him.

The way things are at present, he is just stagnating. Could be though he is quite happy to stay here as a bench player picking up his wages.

Looking great with his little camera in the JD advert the little scamp.

Time for a reintroduction into the squad if it keeps Sigurdsson out I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.