2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think Delph struggling to play 2 games in one week may have partly played a part in the decision to start Davies today, I don’t think Ancelotti would have selected him had he not impressed or felt he can step in and do a job today.

Come on Tom. Prove you can do what everyone says you can't, so we can all slink away in shame. Then flog him for £23m like the RS got for Brewster.

FFS will you all please get off the lads case. You're like a gang of muppet bashers off the telly. I can just see you all now with fingers poised waiting for the first misplaced pass or missed tackle.

Tom Davies did not pick himself to start this afternoon. Carlo Ancelotti did. If you're going to vent your anger at anybody do so at him.

Get behind the player and hope he does a good job this afternoon. It's a hard game and everybody, not just Tom, needs to be on their game.
Nobody here wants him to do poorly mate.

We just know that's what we are going to get from him after 4 years of the same.

It's only natural for supporters to ask to see something from him when he's contributed very little since his first few appearances. That's not Carlo's fault, it's his.

We all hope he does well today. We just don't have any reason to believe he will based on his past 100 appearances and most of us have written him off.

My hope is with better players around him he will play better. Also he must know this is his last chance as both Gomes and Allan should be back after the break and Delph is probably ahead of him for the place on the bench.

He scored an absolute worldie a few years ago and because he hasn't replicated it he gets dogs abuse. he's still young, probably not progressed as we would have hoped but can still improve. He's not fantastic but nowhere near as bad as made out in here.
He gets dog's abuse because he's been dog muck since that goal.

He's a midfielder with absolutely no standout qualities which makes him a passenger on a good day and a weakness on a bad one.

He's not good enough and hasn't kicked on one bit since breaking into the team.

100 appearances and how many were memorable as good games? Probably not even 10 of them.

Nobody here wants him to do poorly mate.

We just know that's what we are going to get from him after 4 years of the same.

It's only natural for supporters to ask to see something from him when he's contributed very little since his first few appearances. That's not Carlo's fault, it's his.

We all hope he does well today. We just don't have any reason to believe he will based on his past 100 appearances and most of us have written him off.

Too many don't though. He's not kicked a ball yet today and people are livid that he's been picked, not that the manager had too many options given Delph isn't ready to play twice in a week.

I'm not a massive fan of Davies, but he might look okay in a three man midfield with Doucoure providing the legs and someone like James always showing for the ball.

He's a midfielder with absolutely no standout qualities which makes him a passenger on a good day and a weakness on a bad one.

100 appearances and how many were memorable as good games? Probably not even 10 of them.

He doesn't pick himself, mate.

Too many don't though. He's not kicked a ball yet today and people are livid that he's been picked, not that the manager had too many options given Delph isn't ready to play twice in a week.

I'm not a massive fan of Davies, but he might look okay in a three man midfield with Doucoure providing the legs and someone like James always showing for the ball.
How much patience do we need to have before we can all agree he just doesn't have what it takes?

4 years and 100 appearances is enough for me to make a call on him.

He could play with Ronaldo and Messi but if he can't find them with a 5 yard pass what good is having him surrounded with quality players?

I hope he makes me look silly today but I can't see it happening at all.

I can't argue the lads not kicked on, don't think the circumstances around the club the last few years have done him any favours either and the balance in midfield was completely out of sync.

I'm more hopeful than adamant that he can improve. Still think the trolling he gets is way overboard though.

He scored an absolute worldie a few years ago and because he hasn't replicated it he gets dogs abuse. he's still young, probably not progressed as we would have hoped but can still improve. He's not fantastic but nowhere near as bad as made out in here.
Think it’s more the fact he can barely make a 5 yard pass or move quicker than a brisk walk and bottles 50/50s. Comfortably one of the worst players in our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.