2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
My assessment of a player is never based on whether they've come through the ranks or been bought for £50m. If they're playing crap then i say so and up until Tom's latest stint in the team over the last month or so he's been utter garbage and anybody who says different hasn't been watching us, but he has without a doubt turned my opinion of him around with his recent performances because he changed from not being able to pass a ball forwards to actually passing it forward, and for those on here that appear to be saying they knew he would come good sorry but there's nothing in this lads last two years to indicate that he could turn it round and he deserved the criticism he was getting. If he continues to perform the way he has been i certainly won't criticise him but if he starts playing crap again i will that's what you do if you see players playing crap see richarlison for most of this season.

I think we were watching a different player as apparentely he wasnt garbage. The davies i watched passing to the opposition for so long didnt exist ha.
If hes getting it together i couldnt be more made up as it could save us dipping into the transfer market. Lets wait and see.
Lets just not kid ourselves he wasnt poor though.

Disagree about his fitness. He was labouring last year when ancelotti was here.
We can go round the houses all day long. You're on glue if you think its a forum thing. I was at wembley in 95 when Everton last won something. I was 24. Im 50. In all that time ive seen inconsistent players come and go. 5/6 games is not what i class as proving themselves.
Lets see after 20 odd games. If his form continues i'll be posting about it. If his form dips you'll disapear quicker than a fart in the wind.

Ye, I didn't think the fitness claim was based on anything substantial.

I'm on glue if I think what is a forum thing?

Let's see what after 20 more games? He's played 120+ games and Carlo Ancelotti picks him. This isn't a debate about Skatedawgz ability to play Premier League football. That is done.

Ye, I didn't think the fitness claim was based on anything substantial.

I'm on glue if I think what is a forum thing?

Let's see what after 20 more games? He's played 120+ games and Carlo Ancelotti picks him. This isn't a debate about Skatedawgz ability to play Premier League football. That is done.

He's started 11 this season. Mainly lately because of injuries. Without looking at stats i think he's been taken off after about 70 mins in all bar the derby game.
If you think im not desperate to see anyone succeed here consistently and put a trophy on the shelf, like i say. Glue.
Lets see.

He's started 11 this season. Mainly lately because of injuries. Without looking at stats i think he's been taken off after about 70 mins in all bar the derby game.
If you think im not desperate to see anyone succeed here consistently and put a trophy on the shelf, like i say. Glue.
Lets see.

Ye, I haven't said anything about whether you want him to succeed or not.

The point is that people who wrote him off and wanted him sold for buttons have been proven wrong. No more, no less G

The point is that people who wrote him off and wanted him sold for buttons have been proven wrong. No more, no less G

We're on two different pages here. You seem to think i should be thinking like you. Im not. That he should not be for sale. A few decent weeks hasnt erased what ive thought of davies for about two years. Weighing that up against 5/6 decent games. What is so outrageous about saying lets see if theres now any consistency.
Maybe the crux of this is that you dont think davies was poor. Well thats a very divided opinion. I dont think he's a long term starter. Depending on what level Everton are aspiring for of course. But he's put a foot in the door at least.

We're on two different pages here. You seem to think i should be thinking like you. Im not. That he should not be for sale. A few decent weeks hasnt erased what ive thought of davies for about two years. Weighing that up against 5/6 decent games. What is so outrageous about saying lets see if theres now any consistency.
Maybe the crux of this is that you dont think davies was poor. Well thats a very divided opinion. I dont think he's a long term starter. Depending on what level Everton are aspiring for of course. But he's put a foot in the door at least.
It strikes me that he is like Phil Nevile at Utd. Came up through the ranks and got games but never quite kicked on to top level. He could go elsewhere and do perfectly well.

I do think were seeing him develop now though and he seems to have found a position and role that suits him.

It strikes me that he is like Phil Nevile at Utd. Came up through the ranks and got games but never quite kicked on to top level. He could go elsewhere and do perfectly well.

I do think were seeing him develop now though and he seems to have found a position and role that suits him.

Fcking hope so. Even as someone for the squad. We still need so much quality in the middle. The tuck in style away from home is fine. But we cant take the game at home to teams because the midfield hasnt got the quality. We are desperate for quality out wide. Then maybe any of allan doucoure and maybe davies can fight for the middle. Even then i still think we need a bit more guile.

I haven't been a fan of Tom in the past, but under Carlo he has stepped up to the mark.At present he is in the team on merit.COYB.

Fcking hope so. Even as someone for the squad. We still need so much quality in the middle. The tuck in style away from home is fine. But we cant take the game at home to teams because the midfield hasnt got the quality. We are desperate for quality out wide. Then maybe any of allan doucoure and maybe davies can fight for the middle. Even then i still think we need a bit more guile.
This really. Wide is essential, and in the middle we clearly still lack something.

Can understand being rested, but why isn't he at least on the bench tonight? Has been one of our best players for the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.