2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well again

He plays with guts and takes responsibility. Why he was subbed i will never know. Smacked of a manager who had a pre determined plan and was too stubborn to adapt.

He's part of a midfield that couldn't get out of their own half against a team that's going to be relegated and you think he played well? For me to think he's done a good job Fulham are pinned back and barely hanging on for a point.

I really do think the bar is set worryingly low for a player in such an important position.

He's part of a midfield that couldn't get out of their own half against a team that's going to be relegated and you think he played well? For me to think he's done a good job Fulham are pinned back and barely hanging on for a point.

I really do think the bar is set worryingly low for a player in such an important position.

He was the only player in our team who came close to playing well imo

I just don't think he did anything at all. I'm looking for the reasons why Fulham completely dominated us and I can't look further than our midfield being unable to compete.

They were better than us in every position and it wasn't even a competitive match. It was a hard watch from minute 1.

I find it hard to watch us in home games with the lack of commitment and intensity.

They were better than us in every position and it wasn't even a competitive match. It was a hard watch from minute 1.

I find it hard to watch us in home games with the lack of commitment and intensity.

I agree with them being better in every position on the pitch but that only comes into play once the midfield battle is won.

Again, I can even understand why people think he did ok tonight. His passing was fine and he put a few tackles in but when he plays it always seems to coincide with us saying the other team can pin us back.

I agree with them being better in every position on the pitch but that only comes into play once the midfield battle is won.

Again, I can even understand why people think he did ok tonight. His passing was fine and he put a few tackles in but when he plays it always seems to coincide with us saying the other team can pin us back.

I never said he was brilliant. I think he was good compared to everyone else and I would not have subbed him. We were significantly worse after he went off too.

Gomes and Sigurdsson were the obvious choices for the hook

I never said he was brilliant. I think he was good compared to everyone else and I would not have subbed him. We were significantly worse after he went off too.

Gomes and Sigurdsson were the obvious choices for the hook

Honestly, I'd want all 3 gone this summer but that's not realistically going to happen. Out of them Davies is the one I'd keep but that Spurs performance needs to happen a lot more. For once I thought he had a great platform to build on but City and Liverpool coming up it's going to be difficult.

Honestly looked at all players on the match thread for the MOTM and struggled to pick a single player that played well.

In the end I choose Tom Davies, because he was the least turd.

You're right the midfield couldn't get out but at least Davies was functioning at the other part of the game where you don't let the team dribble and pass around you whenever they feel like. Doucoure and Gomes can't claim that. So he should have stayed on.

And then Carlo moved Gylfi back to the position! That's not better!

Status
Not open for further replies.