2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its strange watching Davies today.I get the same feeling with him, as I did with Barkley. They join the first team playing on pure instinct and then after a few seasons with the 1st team the tactical element of the game turns up a notch, and they become somewhat robotic and loose that spark that made you special.

However I hope he comes good, i really do! would love to see him in the middle of the park for the next ten years.

Yet over on Fulham forums they are complaining their midfield didn't get into the game because Gana and Davies were dominating.

I don't get how some people don't make the connection between Sigurdsson looking a lot better and the fact that he is receiving the ball more. And the reason he is receiving the ball more is that:

1. We have Digne/Richarlison and Kenny/Walcott which are forcing teams that play a midfield 3 to spread wider to cover.
2. This means our midfield 2 are up against 2 rather than 3 players most of the time.
3. Which means they are seeing more of the ball and have more time to pick their passes. TD has been at roughly 70% pass accuracy all season but now up to nearly 90% last game.
4. In turn this means passes to GS are easier to pick and GS has more space.

Tom is a good young player who managers love because he follows instructions well and does the job they ask of him.

We have a 20 year old Evertonian captaining our club and looking better than £20m signings and people have a go constantly.

Team seems to play better with him in the side from the start. Claims of anonymity could be levelled at Walcott and Gylfi. Both came good in the end, as did Davies. Captained a side of young players and multi million pound internationals to the first convincing home win and a clean sheet. He's not Iniesta, but he's alright and he plays for everton.

And before anyone asks, yes I go the match and yes I remember Osman, Oster and Hottiger.

Yet over on Fulham forums they are complaining their midfield didn't get into the game because Gana and Davies were dominating.

I don't get how some people don't make the connection between Sigurdsson looking a lot better and the fact that he is receiving the ball more. And the reason he is receiving the ball more is that:

1. We have Digne/Richarlison and Kenny/Walcott which are forcing teams that play a midfield 3 to spread wider to cover.
2. This means our midfield 2 are up against 2 rather than 3 players most of the time.
3. Which means they are seeing more of the ball and have more time to pick their passes. TD has been at roughly 70% pass accuracy all season but now up to nearly 90% last game.
4. In turn this means passes to GS are easier to pick and GS has more space.

Tom is a good young player who managers love because he follows instructions well and does the job they ask of him.

We have a 20 year old Evertonian captaining our club and looking better than £20m signings and people have a go constantly.

It's not a coincidence that the game he missed was our worst performance. I'm amazed people can't join the dots really.

Been poor the last few games but was much better yesterday. Still made one or two bizzare passes but his first touch was much improved and his all round passing was sharper.

Status
Not open for further replies.