2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he's been offered an improved deal when he was already tied down long term suggests that the club have significant plans for him going forward and/or wanted to see off any desires he may have had for leaving.

We could be seeing 4-3-3 more from next season.

....I back Brands/Silva’s judgement, they haven’t got much wrong in judgement of new signings. Silva clearly likes what he sees in Davies and feels he wants him available for selection going forward.
Same here.
I would guess that Silva has a particular role in mind for him and Tom is being coached with that role in mind.

Young players who can play in different positions can take long to settle on position or role that suits them best and I think this is a problem for a young player like Davies.
It is easier to settle into a role if you play only in a clearly defined position such as full back .

Think it says it all that he tried to commandeer The Ratcopter from Lookman to escape to the one-horse league with Celtic.

He'd have learned loads there. Not.

Think it says it all that he tried to commandeer The Ratcopter from Lookman to escape to the one-horse league with Celtic.

He'd have learned loads there. Not.

He'd have played football. Bit of a stretch to suggest he was trying to bin us off. He's a young lad who wants to play. Going off the quotes relating to this deal I guess he's been told that he'll be playing more from next season.

Oh he wanted to go did he?

Sorry to have to tell you mate but yes. Apparently, according to well-informed insiders, VERY keen to work with Brendan Rodgers before he jumped ship.

Pearly Teeth now down in the Prem and looking for a new fifth choice midfielder. You join the dots.

He'd have played football. Bit of a stretch to suggest he was trying to bin us off. He's a young lad who wants to play. Going off the quotes relating to this deal I guess he's been told that he'll be playing more from next season.

I'm sure they have told him that. Get pen to paper, protect us from a free transfer, then sell. Maybe I haven't given Brands enough credit.

Nearly threw up reading this headline in the Echo.

"Tom Davies a pioneer for the next stage of Everton's development as Marcel Brands' plan becomes clear."

Is the plan to take us to League One?

To build a young squad that grows together. To bring through and develop our own academy players.

Unlucky. Tom Davies is central to Everton's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.