2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be opening up skate parks all over the North West for the council in 3 years..

Maybe even release a indie single on Spotify the future is Tom Davies

He's quite like a modern day John Ebbrell, I'd say. Seems to have a decent football brain and runs around a lot but is ultimately ineffective most of the time

Anyone who doesn’t rate Davies is either bald or can’t skateboard

Probably both
Davies can't skateboard though. He walks around with one of those Penny boards, they are not proper skateboards they are for cruising along the pavement trying to look cool when really you look like a complete plum and the only reason you have one is your too scared to stand on a real skateboard. Im 40 and i still skate, i have metal bars in my leg, pins in my wrist, and i have knocked most of my teeth out and i still love it.

Davies can't skateboard though. He walks around with one of those Penny boards, they are not proper skateboards they are for cruising along the pavement trying to look cool when really you look like a complete plum and the only reason you have one is your too scared to stand on a real skateboard. Im 40 and i still skate, i have metal bars in my leg, pins in my wrist, and i have knocked most of my teeth out and i still love it.

Do you have to sign any kind of register?

What was he doing when he came on yesterday? Running round like a mad man fouling everyone, all he had to do was retain possession.
Think you're being a bit harsh there mate. The 3 behind DCL looked like they'd been instructed to harry their defenders and try and win the ball back aggressively. That's why all 3 were subbed IMHO - they did the most amount of work off the ball. Davies was trying to carry that on.

Think you're being a bit harsh there mate. The 3 behind DCL looked like they'd been instructed to harry their defenders and try and win the ball back aggressively. That's why all 3 were subbed IMHO - they did the most amount of work off the ball. Davies was trying to carry that on.

'Trying' being the most telling word there.
There is definitely a footballer in there somewhere, but I don't think he is good enough for Everton (yet).
The caveat being that he is still young and still developing

It's about game management though, all he had to do was keep the ball (something which people who think he's a good player, say he is good at). Him and Walcott both made a few mistakes between them, Davies even gave a freekick away in the middle of our half. That's unacceptable, at the level we are expecting them both to play at.

I'm starting to see Davies as Siggy's replacement in a few years. I think he's at his best in the #10 role as an all action attacking mid. The interesting thing is he and Dowell are basically opposites. I don't think Davies possesses a fraction of the skill that Dowell does, but his energy levels might suit Silva's system better. As many know I have a man crush on Dowell so that's not having a go at him or calling him lazy, I've been one of his biggest supporters on here, but if we're going to ask that role to press and move for 90 minutes...I'm not sure I see where Dowell fits - to my utter despair. Davies on the other hand, will continue to provide value off the bench, and I believe will grow into a fine prem player for us by his mid 20's.

You can kind of understand why a premier league footballer might have a slightly more cautious approach to skating though.

Status
Not open for further replies.