todays referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

arch stanton

Player Valuation: £50m
thought he did alright, he helped the game by letting some fruity tackles go without stopping. Not many yellows either although I think he should have disallowed both Arsenal goals for unsporting deflections.

thought he did alright, he helped the game by letting some fruity tackles go without stopping. Not many yellows either although I think he should have disallowed both Arsenal goals for unsporting deflections.

In an ideal wordl,yeslol but he did a great job the ref i think. he let the game go on and it's never easy in such conditions. Although i believe eduardo should have been booked for his lunge on howard

Thought ref was very good today. Wasn't influenced or intimidated by home crowd when others may have been - Neville's high challenge for example. Did well.

Thought ref was ok, strong, but it was getting a bit tasty at the end and think he should have stepped in a bit earlier. For all this rep arsenal have for being soft, they dont mind getting stuck in!

He was quite good but i swear the linesman was wrong a few times haha! There was a right two footed challenge just after they scored the second which went unpunished too...

Ref did well.

Credit where credit is due, especially when we're quick to condemn referees for poor performances.

He is the oldest ref in the P/L, he reires at the end of the season. Tvvatenberg could learn a thing or three from him

He is the oldest ref in the P/L, he reires at the end of the season. Tvvatenberg could learn a thing or three from him

he won his appeal, alongside rennie, to carry on after referee retirement age, uriah keeps failing his monthly fitness tests though

Most refs are actually decent until people start to concentrate on 1 split second decision they got wrong and criticise them for it.

Most refs are actually decent until people start to concentrate on 1 split second decision they got wrong and criticise them for it.

It's because that is crucial! Now I am not gonna forgive the linesman for Saha's goal against Birmingham that he dissallowed for offside because of his error,am I? Because that could have ensured that right now we'd be in the top half with two more points. I know it's a damn hard job but that's why they are trusted. Until technology is introduced, we all are gonna regret a few decisions.

I admit I wasn't please when I know he was the referee for this game, but turn out he did ok for this match and I am happy with his performance.

I think we normally have more problem with the linesman rather than the referee and to be honest we have ourselve to blame for not scoring more goals, we could have easily scored 4 more goals in that match.

yeah bit often the people who are analysing these decisions do not know the rules themselves!!! It amazes me how many times commentators (even the big names like alan green-tosspot, and motty) ex pros and managers do not know the rules of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.