To the europa league haters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

efcfanwirral

Player Valuation: £25m
I spent the whole game today hearing people around me moaning that the europa league is what is causing the terrible performance, and basically saying they don't want to be in it if this is what it brings.

My question to those who feel the same is...what are your hopes, ambitions and aspirations for everton football club?

Seriously - if europa league is too much of a burden and you'd rather concentrate on the league, what do you want from the future? Let me guess, champions league?

And what happens in that competition? We have to play midweek games against decent opposition and likely lose more games than in the EL, plus play in the league at the weekend.

Everton won't win the league title, so europe is all we can aim for apart from a lucky cup win (which rewards people with something they don't want it seems). We all know this is down to money - we don't have enough for a decent squad to compete on all fronts. I think this is the definition of punching above our weight and we should enjoy every minute of European football as the club learns to cope with the rigours of playing more often. It might not last as this season is showing.

it might take a few years of Europa league football to get to that next level (though currently I'm skeptical about or chances of qualifying for even that next year) but what if we don't qualify one year? We can concentrate on th league and what? Oh yes, have a tilt at...qualifying for europe.

Europa league is A competition we have a slight outside chance of winning.

If europe isn't desirable, apart from an (unrealistic) aim of perhaps getting knocked out of the group stage of the champions league once in the next decade or so, why do some people bother turning up nowadays?

Basically I'm saying we need to walk before we can run in Europe, and as fans we need to enjoy the ride.

By the way, I don't think the EL is close to the main reason for our performances. Fitness training or physio or whatever (the injuries) and tactics play a huge part

I spent the whole game today hearing people around me moaning that the europa league is what is causing the terrible performance, and basically saying they don't want to be in it if this is what it brings.

My question to those who feel the same is...what are your hopes, ambitions and aspirations for everton football club?

Seriously - if europa league is too much of a burden and you'd rather concentrate on the league, what do you want from the future? Let me guess, champions league?

And what happens in that competition? We have to play midweek games against decent opposition and likely lose more games than in the EL, plus play in the league at the weekend.

Everton won't win the league title, so europe is all we can aim for apart from a lucky cup win (which rewards people with something they don't want it seems). We all know this is down to money - we don't have enough for a decent squad to compete on all fronts. I think this is the definition of punching above our weight and we should enjoy every minute of European football as the club learns to cope with the rigours of playing more often. It might not last as this season is showing.

it might take a few years of Europa league football to get to that next level (though currently I'm skeptical about or chances of qualifying for even that next year) but what if we don't qualify one year? We can concentrate on th league and what? Oh yes, have a tilt at...qualifying for europe.

Europa league is A competition we have a slight outside chance of winning.

If europe isn't desirable, apart from an (unrealistic) aim of perhaps getting knocked out of the group stage of the champions league once in the next decade or so, why do some people bother turning up nowadays?

Basically I'm saying we need to walk before we can run in Europe, and as fans we need to enjoy the ride.

By the way, I don't think the EL is close to the main reason for our performances. Fitness training or physio or whatever (the injuries) and tactics play a huge part

We are prioritising the Europa League but we shouldnt be. As for being tired as a result i dont buy it, the Europa hasnt effected us at all, we have just been playing awful.

Saying that im not bothered about the Europa. I hope we do well in it but there is no point beating Wolfburg than having two poor Premier League games to follow it up, i would happily trade coming bottom of the group for 6 more points in the league right now. The way we are playing we wont get top 6 and once we are out of the Europa the season will be over

Looks to me we are actually prioritising the Europa League.
Not heard anyone near me saying anytting different.

Given the top two teams are long gone and it looks like Van Gaal has United back in the top four mix and that Arsenal have a monopoly on fourth spot, that sounds like a plan to me.

The premier league is boring, we're not going to win it. The only point of it is to qualify for Europe.

So Trophies first. Well ok, survival first trophies second, then qualification for Europe again third.

At the end of the season, what will people remember most fondly, my guess is the European aways over some midweek home against Hull.

Don't see this as the easy route some make it out to be tbh.

Some very tough sides better than us and better than the likes of Wolfsburg to beat

Anyone who slags the europa off are either too good for it (arsenal/chelsea/city) Or fans who have a much higher expectation of themselves than what they should.

At the end of the day there is less prestige and money in the EL but it is not like we are getting top 4 anytime soon so i will take a european competition and chance of another trophy over nothing. As the league cup is never an option, id prefer us to mix it up with teams around europe and if our group is anyhting to go by this year, we can more than make an impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.