Times article, Burnley/Leeds threaten to sue Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I genuinely hate the Premier League these days. I wasn't joking weeks ago when I said that it wouldn't be the end of days if we dropped out of the division.

It's a complete circus and the kopite-infested media absolutely despises us. God complexes everywhere pushing a fundamentally anti-football narrative. It's horrible.

Some of the stuff that's been written about us since Thursday has been absolutely farcical, it's essentially been a smear campaign on the club.
 
Burnley and Leeds United have been invited by the Premier League to send representatives to meet with chief executive Richard Masters this week, following the two relegation contenders’ threat to take legal action over allegations that Everton breached financial regulations.

The Premier League has written to the two clubs, who set out their initial observations on a potential legal case against the league and Everton, in a letter to Masters last week. The two clubs are now expected to come into the Premier League’s west London headquarters at some point this week to discuss their grievances and their demand that an independent commission examine the application of profit and sustainability rules (PSR) as they relate to Everton’s losses.

Either Burnley or Leeds will be relegated today with Everton’s dramatic victory over Crystal Palace on Thursday having secured their top-flight status.

Telegraph Sport has reported that both Burnley and Leeds, who have vowed to back one another whatever the outcome today, have requested that no data relating to Everton’s transfer dealings, and all income, including commercial, be destroyed.

Neither club would comment on whether they would be attending the meeting with Masters. Everton have passed PSR compliance despite losses of £371.8 million over the last three years. Under Premier League rules, clubs are permitted to write-off losses of up to £105m every three years.

Everton’s losses for the most recent financial year ending June 31 last year were £120.9m, and there was no announcement in March, when those were published, that the Premier League believed that materially changed the position in relation to PSR.

Indeed, the Premier League's position has not changed: it has found no evidence that Everton have not complied with PSR.

Although neither party has ever disclosed the details of that analysis, it is understood that taking into account the deductions from the loss for spending permitted under PSR rules, the club meets its obligations. The Premier League received the joint-signatory letter from Leeds and Burnley last week and has made no public comment on the issue. It has indicated since Everton’s most recent financial results that it has no reason to believe that original calculations passing the accounts under PSR rules were erroneous.

The case against Everton is being driven by the ownership of both relegation-threatened clubs, the Leeds chairman and controlling shareholder Andrea Radrizzani and Burnley chairman Alan Pace.

The Premier League declined to comment
 
This is why I genuinely hate the Premier League these days. I wasn't joking weeks ago when I said that it wouldn't be the end of days if we dropped out of the division.

It's a complete circus and the kopite-infested media absolutely despises us. God complexes everywhere pushing a fundamentally anti-football narrative. It's horrible.

Some of the stuff that's been written about us since Thursday has been absolutely farcical, it's essentially been a smear campaign on the club.

Smear campaign is a bit strong isn’t it? Sounds like you’re just paranoid for no reason about the media being infiltrated with kopit…. Oh



 
But the 20/21 interim numbers have been with the PL since March 21 mate, our financial year ended in July 21, the PL have these figures for a long time and by all accounts have been aware, working with the club and in dialogue around them, setting budgets and limits on what we can spend and sanctioning deals. To my mind there is a process in place and we have been constant communication around our compliance. Our new financial year 21/22 ends in short weeks - they would have those projected figures in March 22, so 20/21 figures were the grievance is, is almost a year old at this stage.

I'm no expert just trying to work it out. I know FFP doesn't apply to the PL it is profit & sustainability. Everton have
worked with the PL and the PL are satisfied. What's there to see?

I can't get my head round these ill-advised idiots. I mean we have an accountant owner, he may not be the brightest football owner but I am sure he knows his accounting onions.

And despite Dele Alli costing nothing at this point, our spending/sales this season are on a different financial year.
So why is this even relevant?

Above all though, it shows we've been carefree and careless with our spending in the last number of years, and adding
compensation packages to sacked managers etc to exaccerbate things. On field failures is costly in mulptile ways
not just our emotional suffering but not being able to generate more income, so the club needs to regard this predicament and the near relegation as a very severe warning and ultimatum. Sort it out Moshiri.
 
Smear campaign is a bit strong isn’t it? Sounds like you’re just paranoid for no reason about the media being infiltrated with kopit…. Oh




Ridiculous journalism. Dare I say biased...

Why is the outcry about us when there was someone assaulted unprovoked at Forest.

The Vieira incident was a non event. The kid was an idiot but it was hardly the end of the world
 
Ridiculous journalism. Dare I say biased...

Why is the outcry about us when there was someone assaulted unprovoked at Forest.

The Vieira incident was a non event. The kid was an idiot but it was hardly the end of the world

Correct the kid was an idiot don't know why he could not celebrate like everyone else, but is it just me, it seems as every day goes by Vierra is becoming the new Son. Vierra for me as a professional is the bigger culprit, now whether or not that idiot kid deserved it, it should not take away from the fact, he was grabbed and kicked to the floor by a supposed profesional. He's become a hero to some just like Son was for his assault on Gomes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome

Join the Everton conversation today.
Fewer ads, full access, completely free.

🛒 Visit Shop

Support Grand Old Team by checking out our latest Everton gear!
Back
Top