Time to play the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ray

Player Valuation: £20m
With Yakubu out for the rest of the season and Saha now injured we're going to have to play the young guns. Looks like Anichebe and Baxter will be relied upon as we dont have a fit Vaughan either. Maybe Jutkiewicz will get a chance to show his worth. We need money in January Kenwright so you best dig deep.

No other choice.

And yes, Kenwright needs to find some cash somewhere in January for someone.

He's no other choice.

Telling Moyes to hinge on Saha and the kids all season wont work.

No other choice.

And yes, Kenwright needs to find some cash somewhere in January for someone.

He's no other choice.

Telling Moyes to hinge on Saha and the kids all season wont work.

agreed. we can give kids a chance but not expect them to spearhead a challenge for european football.

the kids in question - lukas, baxter...have had about two games - to no particular impact.

if we have no money then play the sprogs, we haven't exactly had much going on at the business end so far so could they do any worse than so far, youthfull exhuberance could just give them the buzz to do it, it could end their careers like if they are thrown in and fail to score cos the ball never gets into the box.

I like Yakubu, because he scores goals, and he can finish. Gutted he's injured, but there are silver linings. We are going to have to introduce the young talent, and why not? We brought Anichebe and Vaughan through out of necessity and they do well enough to merit their place. By all accounts, Baxter and Agard are better - so for me its not a bad thing. Although I would expect us to bolster our striking options in the Jan window.

Also, I'll be happy if we finish where we are now and still progress with the players we have and the money we have. Its maybe time to admit that we are not equipped to compete with big money men, but then that's not a bad thing. We have slowly introduced some good young talent, got many of those lot on long term deals. Cal will have you think its the end of the world most of the time, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen till Dec 12th 2012. So enjoy the next 4 years.

Id be happy not to **** around the team if im onest now that we are showing signs of consistency, albeit we have and will pick up some injuries but if we can get away with Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe for the rest of the season and maybe a loan striker in Jan i would.

Lets put in it perspective, we qualified for the CL with Bent as our main stirker for almost the whole season, we're still not that badly of, although Bent did a fantastic job for us!

Like Bruce said i think Cahill and Fellini need to start chipping in. Cahill can get us 10 goals a season if he starts firing as a deep lying striker/midfeild hangman.

With Yakubu out for the rest of the season and Saha now injured we're going to have to play the young guns. Looks like Anichebe and Baxter will be relied upon as we dont have a fit Vaughan either. Maybe Jutkiewicz will get a chance to show his worth. We need money in January Kenwright so you best dig deep.

Dont think the kids need to be called upon just yet, i mean they got there chance at the start of the season and we looked vulnerable for a while. The kids we have at the club have great potential but we are not in that bad of a position to throw them in now. With the Yak out for the season, Cahill could always slot in upfont. He has played there for his country and although it may not be is prefered position, he can operate up there. Anichebe is more of an impact player coming off the bench so i am not sure he should start but with Yak and possibly Saha out, he may have to. On Jutkiewicz, according to Moyes, he is not quite ready for the Premier League. My solution would be to give Shandy another chance in an attacking role.

Status
Not open for further replies.