Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was asked by Dixon in the 11th minute 'in a game 10 minutes in are you wanting to have made a save by now? To get your eye in?' To which he replied 'you're still warming up at that point and organising your defence whilst reading the game'

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Imagine Howard analysing Cech or Hart if one of them makes a mistake.

Hilarious tv.
neither have had much to do, he was complementing Cech's influence earlier. I've had it on for maybe 15 minutes and he hasn't said much, mentioned city was playing a dangerously high line, Ozil drew a foul to help get the rest of the team up the pitch, and that City was happy to keep the ball until there was an opening

That's the problem with Howard not only has he become slow with age, but since his world cup antics he's become less motivated and believes he's made it. The match commentating, the phone calls from Obama, his interviews full of self arrogance. It's clear he believes his own hype and doesn't look to self improve his game.

Jesus ffs even Howard can't be held responsible for the goals Robles conceded when he's out injured..

..some people will try and stick anything on him to prove a point. There's no prophet in that sort of post on here lid..

No one said there was, but he's still the starting goalkeeper, and we conceded a lot more with him in goal than we did the year prior.

For what it's worth, Howard conceded 44 in 31 and a half games with 7 clean sheets. Joel is down as conceding 6 in 6 and a half with 3 clean sheets - as Robles came on for Howard around half time against Stoke. And if you're using that argument about the 46 goals conceded in 04/05, Richard Wright made 7 appearances that season. He conceded 20 goals.

Granted there are a million and one other factors that could come into play, and I'm not disagreeing with that, by any stretch, but you can look at a number of goals we've conceded within the past 18 months or so and said that, for a good amount of them, that Tim should've done better.

Granted there are a million and one other factors that could come into play, and I'm not disagreeing with that, by any stretch, but you can look at a number of goals we've conceded within the past 18 months or so and said that, for a good amount of them, that Tim should've done better.
You could take this sentence and put it in the supporters' forum of any club in the world, replace the name with that of their primary goalkeeper, and it would still be true.

Possibly, but I doubt there'd be as many.
Based on what? I can't claim to have seen every match played by every team in the Premier League this season, but I can see that we've conceded more shots on target that any team other than Newcastle and Sunderland, but we're only in the middle of the pack in goals conceded (tied for twelfth). Unless you think that there's some quirk of our defending that makes us concede a whole lot of weak shots on target (which, considering how many of them are close range headers, one-on-ones, or penalty kicks, seems unlikely), I'd say most of the other goalkeepers aren't doing any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.