Threat to Board members safety means they wont attend southampton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a smart PR move by board.

Shifts narrative away from years of negligence + incompetence.

Makes them real victims, terrorised by a bitter, aggressive, never satisfied fanbase.

There may have been abusive (even threatening) messages (never acceptable), but makes it sound like widespread + condoned by majority of fans.

And timed for maximum impact.

I hope the usual anti board mob (seems a more appropriate word today) who have been campaigning on every little negative for 15 yrs are pleased with themselves that it has come to threats of violence against the board.
You have brought utter shame on our fanbase. I am absolutely disgusted

It's not working mate. Give up.

The cowardly scum have finally just come out and done it. They've run out of patsy and falls guys to throw under the bus so now they're going to paint us fans as the bad guys hoping for sympathy from the gutter media. At least this finally ends any games they could've played about reconciliation down the line because there's no coming back from this. The meare threat of this protest has already done its job.

Just when you thought this Board could inflict more damage on EFC.

The match will now be totally overshadowed by these buggers issuing that statement.

I don’t know how “credible” or otherwise these “threats” are.

But Kenwright et al should have just stayed away and not issued this statement a few hours before kick off.

Especially when the fans are turning out in their thousands to welcome the team to Goodison.

It seems to me we are at the Rubicon now and there is no going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.