Thoroughly depressing read

Status
Not open for further replies.
* IN Saturday’s Echo we stated that Everton FC’s financial plight made the sale of Mikel Arteta necessary.We understand from Everton this is not the case and Arteta was reluctantly allowed to leave because he expressly stated a desire to do so – not because of any financial pressure upon the club, which would have been happy and able to keep him.We apologise for giving the wrong impression on the matter.
Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...o-fenerbahce-100252-29369300/3/#ixzz1j9KyzBy7

As the Captain of a rudderless ship, Moyes has , over the years, tried his best to steer our beloved team away from the impending and inevitable whirlpool a head of him. Considering the crew he has been given to work with, the fate of the ship sadly doesn't lie with him, but with the rich, smug shipping magnets back in the plush port offices.

The story of Everton of late, has unfolded like an episode of "Lost". What was once a clear thought out plot, has quickly twisted and evolved into a convoluted web of misdirection, lies and failed rescue attempts. From the boardroom and their cancellation of the AGM's to Moyes fielding two defensive midfielders, when our tactics screamed out to 'Go hell for leather'. Our Blue hearts have been removed, shown to us and stood upon.

There is a cancer of disillusionment spreading through the club. When the once publicly accessed AGM slams the door on any questions from it's share holders - Red Flags start to appear. When players are sold under the nose of the manager for 'footballing reasons' -when it's clear it's to balance the books and when we are out bid by Swansea for a youngster, it's time to man the life boats for the bumpy ride over these cruel seas to relegation.

Moyes can only take so much without really speaking his mind and blowing a gasket and risk being sacked.For nigh on a decade, He has been thoroughly respected throughout the managerial world and on every phone in on TalkSport, the media and football fans country wide think he is some sort of David Blaine character, capable of magically turning "average into world class" - Hey, he discovered Wayne Rooney and Jack Rodwell, yanno !! One he fell out with and sold and the other..well we are still waiting on that one! But, he does have a keen eye for talent ; Baines, Lescott, Arteta..He just doesn't like individuals with any attacking skill or independent thought !

"David Moyes, yanno that whatever team he puts out it will always be lined up to Have-a-Go !" - Micky Quinn, TalkSport. 11.01.2012

Really, every team ? So when we play 7 defenders / defensive minded midfield players, that is what qualifies as 'Having a Go' !! Even the media punters, no matter how ignorant and biased as Mr Quinn, are afraid to admit that Moyes is negative and scared.

The negativity, is rife throughout our club and for good reason, when the boardroom lies to your face about money and it forces it's manger to become the mouth piece when the club's at it's lowest ebb, when players who are here are already talking about moving on ( Drenthe) to a manger who doesn't realise that Cahill, Neville, Bily, Saha..simply are not premier quality any more, but insist on playing them even when viable options are on the bench , who are slowly losing their patience and confidence. You have to stop and ask yourself..how do we cure this cancerous tumour ? Do we cut it out at the root of the boardroom and pray some one rides in on a white charger armed to the teeth in dough ? or do we sack / force to leave our manager and then shop around for another messiah ? Because we cannot carry on like this..something has to give and when this levee breaks, the flood that follows could wash our club, clean away :(

We are in deep despair, its all Calina(the former best ref in the world) paid to make sure we lose fault. If we beaten Villareal like we were going to and got in the champions league, it would of been totally diffrent.
Now its a matter of when will we be relagated over IF. We a team going down hill and fast. Within 2 years we will be a championship side, if we don't get investment.
I think Moyes has had enought and come out fighting to the board and told fans while we be disapointed AGAIN in the transfer window.

he gets a going over for not making the board uncomfortable and then he gets a going over that is clearly going to upset fans and make to board uncomfortable.

poor bloke cannot win.

He isnt directly critising the board (he would be fired) but he is making it known that he cannot compete in the status quo (putting the pressure on)

Good

If I cried reading this, would you judge me?

Regardless, this is just depression inducing stuff. I can't see Moyes here five years from now. Hell I don't see it three years from now.

Moyes was Villa's first choice for their job in the summer until Lerner told him there were no funds available so he decided to stay with us. He is thinking of moving there is no doubt about it, but its the Celtic job he really wants. Spurs want to change their management structure should Redknapp get the England job by appointing a Head Coach and having a Technical Director above him. Doubt Moyes wants to work within that structure but an Owen Coyle type would

Off topic, kind of, but why oh why did Fellaini sign again? I don't get it. He's got his Dad wanting the best for him, surely other clubs offering more money and the chance to play CL football if he goes to the right club. If we haven't done it to get a bigger fee for him in the summer and he stays I think his mental health should be checked. He does have a boss pent house here though, apparently. I'm sure I saw a picture of it somewhere on here...

Moyes was Villa's first choice for their job in the summer until Lerner told him there were no funds available so he decided to stay with us. He is thinking of moving there is no doubt about it, but its the Celtic job he really wants. Spurs want to change their management structure should Redknapp get the England job by appointing a Head Coach and having a Technical Director above him. Doubt Moyes wants to work within that structure but an Owen Coyle type would

Why on earth would he want that job (or the Rangers one for that matter)? Sure he'd win the league up there but it's a bit like winning the egg and spoon race. Before people get all hot and bothered about that comment, I'm a Scot and the standard has declined in the SPL over the past few years to such a degree that it is embarrassing, and if you think the financial pressures are bad at Everton (turnover ~£80M) that's nothing compared with the situation in Scotland (Celtic turnover in the same period ~£40M, with average attendances far in excess of ours). I think this Moyes to Celtic story is a myth unless he's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.