Thoroughly depressing read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite surprised he admitted that there was no money to spend would have thought that came after the window had closed whilst half season tickets were on sale. Also that the Arteta money has gone to the banks - which most people expected but the club denied.

Were it not for injuries I would not have been surprised to see both Rodwell and Jagielka leave.

I don't know how much longer the club can blag there way out of important questions about the health of the 'franchise'.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Geez, is he distancing himself from the board? Probably a good move for him, very bad for Everton.

Anyone with the ability to reason knew the Arteta money was going to the banks. I'm not normally the one to trash the board, but stop treating us like idiots and be honest.

Moyes has said that the decision to sell Arteta was taken for "football reasons" but conceded on Tuesday that he will not be given the proceeds to spend on new players. "I think everybody knows that the bank wanted the money. I think you all knew that," said Moyes. Everton officials demanded and received an apology from the Liverpool Echo last year when the newspaper reported that the Arteta money would not be given to Moyes in January

This is the worst part of the interview. Did they lie to Moyes as well? Who knows. Unbelievable though, and this sort of thing needs media attention and the portrayal of Kenwrong as a lovey-dovey old school chairman needs to be destroyed right now.

Can't remember reading such a depressing article. Seriously don't know what to think...can't see anything but eventual relegation over the next few seasons if we keep on like this.

Rock and a hard place for Moyes here, He wants to be loyal to his team and fight on the other hand hes getting shafted by the board, hes thinking do i stay or go? Its the board that need to go i reckon new owners would see a different attitude from Moyes. Reading that he just seems broken in spirit. If he leaves he the preverbial rat leaving sinking ship, if he stays its groundhog day.

Rock and a hard place for Moyes here, He wants to be loyal to his team and fight on the other hand hes getting shafted by the board, hes thinking do i stay or go? Its the board that need to go i reckon new owners would see a different attitude from Moyes. Reading that he just seems broken in spirit. If he leaves he the preverbial rat leaving sinking ship, if he stays its groundhog day.
think he will stay ,he only has 18 mths of his contract left and he can leave and say i tried my best but its time to move on, leaving us with half the team well over 30 and no money to replace them and any young players coming up sold to please the banks, playing in front of ever lower crowds, not that it his fault over that, i think that interview was the beginning of the process moyes saying my hands are tied here but if given a chance with a few bob i could be a decent manager somewhere else

Tonight: is this like taking a knife into a gunfight again?

We've been doing a lot of that lately!

No surprise about the Arteta money is it? he was never going to get much or indeed any of it you only had to look at the time of the transfer to realise that.

Moyes is for my money getting ready to jump ship unless things improve dramatically but lets be fair its not going to happen while this excuse for a board continues to be in charge,the club is mired in gravy and BK hasnt got a spoon,let alone a paddle.

Hard times ahead for us i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.