This seasons top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
City, Chelsea and Arsenal are nailed on

Come back around Christmas time and we'll see who's properly contending for that last spot.

The league Hasn't settled yet
Personally I don't think much of arsenal this season to be honest,but then again they always manage to make top 4.

Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal for the first three spots. Man Utd the favourite for 4th imo, with Everton amongst the outsiders for that CL spot. Think a lot will depend on our progress in the Europa League.

I do think it would be sensible to wait until after the Jan transfers before stating my opinion, but as far as it goes now Chelsea will run away with the league, City look to be the most sensible guess at a cert top 4 finish, the last two spots will be challenged by Arsenal, Us, RS, Utd. Then the two who don't make the top 4 will challenge for the last europa spot with Spurs. Southampton will lose momentum come Christmas i would like to think.. West Ham well they're West Ham aren't they :cool:

It's a big ask but if we can keep the vast majority of our major players fit, then Europa League of no Europa League we have a chance. For this to happen we need to be around the top 6 come Christmas. Perisic and Nastasic would be welcome additions come January to kick on and we definitely have a chance. It was interesting to read the RS have played only one of the 'Big 4' in their first 9 games yet we have played 3 and yet we are only 2 points behind them. Our next 3 games are very winnable and if we have aspirations to be top 4 we need maximum return.

Chelsea will walk the league.

City will look ace in spells and will finish comfortably in second.

Arsenal will finish third or fourth depending on how long their inevitable bad patch/injury crisis lasts for.

Spurs wont challenge and Southampton will drop off mid season.

The final Champions League spot will be between us, Liverpool and United.

Liverpool are garbage so it's between us and United...

...so that's us finishing eighth then.

Even last season when we were 5th the pundits didn't think we could come 4th, its a joke, its always the same old cliched teams they name drop but teams who are actually playing well they don't want to acknowledge, Everton last season, Southampton this season, they haven't forgot about us this year because of the bad start, they didn't want to know in the first place

We didn't come 4th though did we! In all honesty there has been nothing about our performances so far that suggest we will seriously challenge for a top 4 slot. And it is virtually always the same clubs that do get in. Southampton will fall away, it's not a media conspiracy - just a fact.

We still need to step our performance level up though.

Carry on our indifferent performance level and we'll be 7th or 8th and never in contention

We didn't come 4th though did we! In all honesty there has been nothing about our performances so far that suggest we will seriously challenge for a top 4 slot. And it is virtually always the same clubs that do get in. Southampton will fall away, it's not a media conspiracy - just a fact.
Well said sir well said, I'd love us to finish 4th but in all honesty if we did I think we could go the way of Leeds if not careful with overspending to keep track in the cl.... double edged sword imo

Our best chance in years imo, which is why I've banged the drum on us rotating a bit more in the europa and not making our job harder in the league. City, Chelsea and arsenal have the top 3 spots I really think if we get a bit of luck with injuries from this point on and don't throw all our eggs in one basket with the EL we could get that 4th spot.

Southampton are dark horses though

Our best chance in years imo, which is why I've banged the drum on us rotating a bit more in the europa and not making our job harder in the league. City, Chelsea and arsenal have the top 3 spots I really think if we get a bit of luck with injuries from this point on and don't throw all our eggs in one basket with the EL we could get that 4th spot.

Southampton are dark horses though

end of november to start of january they play

man city, arsenal, man utd, everton, chelsea, arsenal again and man utd again

good luck to them

Well said sir well said, I'd love us to finish 4th but in all honesty if we did I think we could go the way of Leeds if not careful with overspending to keep track in the cl.... double edged sword imo

giphy.gif

We didn't come 4th though did we! In all honesty there has been nothing about our performances so far that suggest we will seriously challenge for a top 4 slot. And it is virtually always the same clubs that do get in. Southampton will fall away, it's not a media conspiracy - just a fact.[/QUOTE
We didn,t make top four last season because our form dipped towards the end of the season.Robbie possibly looked at the fixtures at the start of the season and decided that a slow start would benefit us at the end of the campaign a we might just be that bit fitter than we were last year

Status
Not open for further replies.