This is NOT my Everton. This is DISGUSTING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just have to face the fact with our current squad, if we tried to play more attractive and attack minded football, then we would go straight back to being beaten by 5 goals or more by even the weaker teams. Allardyce has made us more stable and solid and very hard to beat which was exactly what was needed at this moment in time. Awful to watch but a necessary evil currently sadly. When we get players back from injury and bring in some new players in January, hopefully the attractiveness of the football with improve a lot alongside the solid defence and we will be a lot more enjoyable to watch. I was one of the ones who never wanted Allardyce anywhere near the club but i have to hold my hands up and admit that i was wrong. There is no denying that he has done an outstanding job in a very short amount of time with what was only a few weeks ago the worst team in the premier league and then some.

I can handle this awful football for now as the near future looks brighter. 4 points out of the next 3 games and we will be the same points/games as at the same point last season which is quite astonishing really considering how poor we were just a few weeks ago.

Certainly what we are seeing currently must have a limited shelf life but Sam hasn't been here a month even and we were all over the place beforehand.

He has done what was needed - to go back to basics and get those basics right.

Fundamentally I expect better but also think we are very limited as a squad. Not limited to the degree where we have 30% possession and a few attempts on goal at best, but I'm not filled with confidence either looking through the squad. 7th is the absolute height of it for this group.

Significant work is required on the squad - again - the key factors will be the money available and who is brought in with that money.

Nor am I a purist, I'll take an ugly win over a draw or a defeat in any circumstances though I would like to see us playing stylish, possession-based, attacking football, who wouldn't - but only if that means we win.

Horses for courses currently to a large degree - it seems ridiculous to have an expensively assembled team of footballers in the Premier League who find it so difficult to pass, move, and retain possession for more than 3 passes or 3 seconds, but as Koeman would say, that's football.

Certainly what we are seeing currently must have a limited shelf life but Sam hasn't been here a month even and we were all over the place beforehand.

He has done what was needed - to go back to basics and get those basics right.

Fundamentally I expect better but also think we are very limited as a squad. Not limited to the degree where we have 30% possession and a few attempts on goal at best, but I'm not filled with confidence either looking through the squad. 7th is the absolute height of it for this group.

Significant work is required on the squad - again - the key factors will be the money available and who is brought in with that money.

Nor am I a purist, I'll take an ugly win over a draw or a defeat in any circumstances thought I would like to see us playing stylish, possession-based, attacking football, who wouldn't - but only if that means we win.

Horses for courses currently to a large degree - it seems ridiculous to have an expensively assembled team of footballer in the Premier League who find it so difficult to pass, move, and retain possession for more than 3 passes or 3 seconds, but as Koeman would say, that's football.

Sam is using the tools at his disposal. Most of the ire should be directed towards the board and Koeman/Walsh. £150 million spent in the summer to "gatecrash" the top 6 and this is where we find ourselves? A textbook mid-table club. Absolutely disgraceful from those involved this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.