2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I'd even want to keep a young player of 16 years of age who doesn't turn up to train. I'd have wanted to play everyday at that age if I was any good.

hes still playing football everyday and leaving us in 3 weeks though so probably doesnt think theres any point.

Clinton Mola, highly rated, went to Stuttgart not so long ago as well as Redan to Hertha. Livramento has offers from many teams abroad and in England. The Sancho deal years ago has really helped kids think about moves abroad.
I am wondering though with brexit if they can actually technically move abroad at such a young age. They would I guess need to apply for a visa etc...not so sure that it's that easy as it was before.

I am wondering though with brexit if they can actually technically move abroad at such a young age. They would I guess need to apply for a visa etc...not so sure that it's that easy as it was before.

think its 18 now cos of brexit

Anyone know the going rate for a 16y/o who’s had a first team appearance? Seem to recall there was some elite academy fee structure agreed a few seasons ago that pretty much set a structure for these type of scenarios….

1.5 raising to 4m and 25% sell on I believe.
Youth transfers are the most baffling things ever. Matheson and Branthwaite go for <2 million as professional England youth and you feel like that's about fair value whilst youth players like Small and Elliot go for that and its ridiculously under value and you feel Liverpool/whoever small goes to could command 10/15/20 million and have takers lining up for them

Youth transfers are the most baffling things ever. Matheson and Branthwaite go for <2 million as professional England youth and you feel like that's about fair value whilst youth players like Small and Elliot go for that and its ridiculously under value and you feel Liverpool/whoever small goes to could command 10/15/20 million and have takers lining up for them
Were Everton arnt we

There was a video of him doing some fancy skills on the bbc website I recall. In all seriousness him and his agent need to give their heads a wobble. The lad is still 16 and acting like it’s an injustice he’s not in the first team. In time he might be good enough, but he isn’t at present.

He's seen consistently poor players being given repeated chances rather than give youth a chance.
He's seen other consistently poor players being played out of position due to injury rather than give youth a chance.
He's seen two keepers being named on the bench and there still be an empty seat rather than give youth a chance.

Imagine what Everton's young players talk about with each other when they're watching the same first team players repeatedly fail and despite a medical room full of other injured players the first team manager opts for two keepers and an empty seat on the bench rather than give them a sniff.

It might not necessarily be him thinking that he should be playing right now but perhaps wondering where is the path to playing when no other young player is getting a chance to progress from the academy regardless of circumstances.

Why has this teenager got so many people concerned, because of some BBC video on hot young talent?! So many young players don’t fulfil their potential, he is hardly Wayne Rooney on the verge of the first team.

Why has this teenager got so many people concerned, because of some BBC video on hot young talent?! So many young players don’t fulfil their potential, he is hardly Wayne Rooney on the verge of the first team.
Hes the brightest talent in our academy and our youngest ever player leaving for nothing. The optics are absolutely dreadful regardless of his talent level and whether he fulfils any of his potential. Its another nail in the academy coffin

Hes the brightest talent in our academy and our youngest ever player leaving for nothing. The optics are absolutely dreadful regardless of his talent level and whether he fulfils any of his potential. Its another nail in the academy coffin

I'm not sure hanging this one on the academy is fair.

The kid is too big for his britches. It's going to be a problem down the road. Shades of Balotelli, if you ask me. Bags of talent, but too much ego because he has bags of talent. Lot of kids like that out there.

Messi needing growth hormone was the best thing that ever could have happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.