Transfer Rumour Thiago Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect I don't think your opinion makes any sense whatsoever.

Sod 3 years time! We are rubbish now.

Its not going to be a waste is wages if he plays is it? Would probably be a two year contract at most?

Whats this resources thing anyway? Keep seeing stuff like this being mentioned, what exactly is it based off?

Was reading recently the same was said about Ruud Guillt when he went to Chelsea all those years back, i would hope for a similar impact as in his professionalism and what he would bring in technique... No doubt that signing took them in entirely different direction, for the good as well.

We only have so much to spend on transfers and wages. Money is the resource. We can't improve without spending it. And the teams we are competing with do not have a limit or if they do it is exponentially above ours.

I know what resources are...

What makes you think we don't have money? We need to stop living in the past.

I know what resources are...

What makes you think we don't have money? We need to stop living in the past.
It's not that we don't have any, it's that we don't have as much as City, United, Chelsea, etc. Do you dispute this?

I may be missing something here...but we need 4 centre backs so surely signing a player on a free for 1+1 seasons makes sense so our powder is dry for other targets?

Then if we sell Keane for example then we replace him as well.

We need 4 centre backs so a free player makes total sense to me on a short term deal.

I may be missing something here...but we need 4 centre backs so surely signing a player on a free for 1+1 seasons makes sense so our powder is dry for other targets?

We need 4 centre backs so a free player makes total sense to me on a short term deal.

Everybody was livid we didn't sign Kurt Zouma and are now turning their noses up at the best CB on the planet.

Everybody was livid we didn't sign Kurt Zouma and are now turning their noses up at the best CB on the planet.

If it was a choice then Id rather go for Gabriel as he and Holgate could be the long term pairing going forward.

However, if we arent able to get Gabriel then id be delighted with Thiago Silva on a free.

If he has to play 25+ games for another season then that makes sense and i think he would choose to leave if his legs went rather than risk his reputation anyway.

If we really are going for 3 players only (unless squad players are sold) then I would imagine this is a very sensible deal.

If it was a choice then Id rather go for Gabriel as he and Holgate could be the long term pairing going forward.

However, if we arent able to get Gabriel then id be delighted with Thiago Silva on a free.

If he has to play 25+ games for another season then that makes sense and i think he would choose to leave if his legs went rather than risk his reputation anyway.

If we really are going for 3 players only (unless squad players are sold) then I would imagine this is a very sensible deal.

Everybody seems to think this Gabriel is the best CB in the world, I suspect 2% of people have even watched him play.

No, I'm not part of the 2%.

People fall in love with names.

I’m not sure we do. I think we could get away with 3 with no Europe. Add branthwaite as a young back up and Gbamin, I know he can’t be relied upon at the moment.

I’d rather us get 2 centre mids.

Everybody seems to think this Gabriel is the best CB in the world, I suspect 2% of people have even watched him play.

No, I'm not part of the 2%.

People fall in love with names.

Its not about him being "the best centre back in the world". Based upon Richarlison that accolade still belongs to Thiago Silva.

However, when looking at long term stability at centre back it seems like adding in a left footed 22 year old is preferable to signing a player who appears to be past his peak.

When in black and white do you sign a 35/36 year old or the 22 year old highly touted to be taking his national team starting place before long?

I’m not sure we do. I think we could get away with 3 with no Europe. Add branthwaite as a young back up and Gbamin, I know he can’t be relied upon at the moment.

I’d rather us get 2 centre mids.

Fair enough...

But what happens if Holgate is out for a period of time?

We go with Mina + Keane and Branthwaite backup?

Thats not a winning formula.

If we were going with 3 CBs for a season then id rather sign Thiago Silva and sell Keane.

Its not about him being "the best centre back in the world". Based upon Richarlison that accolade still belongs to Thiago Silva.

However, when looking at long term stability at centre back it seems like adding in a left footed 22 year old is preferable to signing a player who appears to be past his peak.

When in black and white do you sign a 35/36 year old or the 22 year old highly touted to be taking his national team starting place before long?

Gabriel is only being touted by you.

Tite doesn't even know he exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.