Transfer Rumour Thiago Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think given our resources it isn't a good move. We get him for two years and he might be really good for those two years, but how much will that matter for us in terms of league position and winning trophies? How far can a CB push us? My feeling is not very far, and that makes it ultimately a wasteful move. We waste playing time for the players who could be here longer and we waste money paying his wages.

I really don't know if Gabriel is better right now, I'd suspect it might not be as big a gap as some people think because Silva is on the down slope, but I know who I'd take in three years. And personally I think any signing that isn't making us better in 3 years is probably not the right one at this moment.

With all due respect I don't think your opinion makes any sense whatsoever.

Sod 3 years time! We are rubbish now.

Its not going to be a waste is wages if he plays is it? Would probably be a two year contract at most?

Whats this resources thing anyway? Keep seeing stuff like this being mentioned, what exactly is it based off?

PSG stomp on farmers

What the hell is this?

You do know LIlle is in France too right? Yet you want one of these "farmers" instead of Silva?

The standard of the French league is nowhere near as bad as people make out, its a pretty fast paced league it just so happens that PSG are far too good for the league because they have spent stupid money.

What the hell is this?

You do know LIlle is in France too right? Yet you want one of these "farmers" instead of Silva?

The standard of the French league is nowhere near as bad as people make out, its a pretty fast paced league it just so happens that PSG are far too good for the league because they have spent stupid money.
What it is is a joke. Just playing around.

Nobody is saying players don't get worse with age, look at Rooney, his legs went as soon as he turned 30, still got the talent tho.

Most 35-year-olds have retired, but CR7 is the 1st or 2nd best player on the planet and saying otherwise is actual trolling.

I don’t like CR But as you say... he’s at least the second best player on earth atm... he was the fastest player at the euros at 33 years of age and as muchas I dislike his selfishness. His is the complete professional and his work rate and discipline istye same as the Ali’s, Jordan’s , Federer’s of this world. He might not be able to play 50 games a season anymore but he has the fitness and ability to be playing top league European footy until he’s 40 imo . Maybe not as the main man at a European giant buthe could go and tear the French league up at PSG in a couple of years if he wanted to.

With all due respect I don't think your opinion makes any sense whatsoever.

Sod 3 years time! We are rubbish now.

Its not going to be a waste is wages if he plays is it? Would probably be a two year contract at most?

Whats this resources thing anyway? Keep seeing stuff like this being mentioned, what exactly is it based off?
We only have so much to spend on transfers and wages. Money is the resource. We can't improve without spending it. And the teams we are competing with do not have a limit or if they do it is exponentially above ours.

I've said it a hundred times at this point, but I just view the game differently than you guys and Ronaldo isn't all the way the same player that he was. 7 of his 21 goals are penalties for example. What would we be saying about DCL if he had scored 20 goals with 7 being pens?
If he’d scored 21 in 22 games, with 7 being penalties? I’d be saying he was probably the best striker we’d had in decades.

I’d also be questioning how we were allowed penalties again.

If Carlo wants him that should be good enough for everyone. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You don't bring in a world class manager like Carlo and not bring in his targets.

Plus bringing in Silva on a 2 year free also allows us to use more funds on a CM which I believe is our most glaring weakness atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.