These next few months...thinking with a clear mind at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTblue

Player Valuation: £30m
If a minor miracle occurs....and we end up in a Champions League position, would all be forgiven over the Wigan debacle? Personally I don't think that particular carrot is gone just yet, a lot depends on what happens this weekend imo.( even if it means we have to take up a remarkable return to our early season form) A big performance against City(again debatable whether we will see that or not.) and a couple of slip-ups around us and we will be right back in the mix.

I look at what has happened in previous seasons following similar defeats, Liverpool in league 08/09, Hull City defeat in league 09/10, Bolton home defeat 11/12, Liverpool semi defeat 11/12 and I can't help but think at least a 5th place finish and Europa League football(which I know a lot of our fans including myself would be quite pleased with) remains entirely possible. I think the gap between us and the European places is nowhere near the size points-wise they usually our for us at this time of the season(indeed there is a slight possibility of being 4 points off 4th by Monday) and I really think one of our big finishes would get us somewhere this season.

This is the first day since Saturday that I have been able to think clearly about the club and the current season. Up until January we were all sure this was Moyes' best ever squad and had a belief in the players and manager. It is now up to them to prove to us that they can make us prouder to be blue than we have in a long time and use their undoubted ability to attack the rest of the season with vigour and pride to rescue our fans from this doom and hopeless gloom and inject some optimism back for the club and it's future. I usually will of renewed my season ticket already, but after Saturday, I will wait and see how it goes just like our manager. One thing is beyond doubt, I will be there on Saturday along with 35,000 other blues all desperately hoping to see a big performance and a victory that would re-ignite the season. To me that Wigan result has placed even greater emphasis on the last few months and they still will have a big impact on our long term direction imo. Over to you EFC squad 12/13. COYB!

Last edited:
Do people really believe we can make the champions league ?

(If I knew what I was doing I'd be accompanying this post with a picture of somebody incredulously shaking their head )

Last edited:

The paragraph police will not be happy with you.

Is right.

But the fact is we've been saying 'the next month is vital' or 'biggest game of the season next' or 'we'll be able to tell more after this' since about January.

It's boring now. This season is a mess.

CL still a possibility?

I'll have some of what you're smoking mate, it must be good gear.

So although it's a moot point, would I forgive last Saturday if it happened? Not a chance, that was a total debacle.

For this to happen we would need to beat City this weekend, Tottenham away, Arsenal away, the ****e away and also Chelsea away. Sadly I don't think that's going to happen.

This was not me saying oh yeah we can finish in the Champions league easy deffo, it's me saying there is still a lot to play for, including a Europa League 5th place finish, which we are 2 points off now and would involve us denying Liverpool and Arteta's Arsenal of European football, it's not time to throw the towel in and put the kids on is it? It's time to see big performances from Fellaini and Bainaar and a return to form for Jelavic and give us something to shout about and add a new dimension to next season.

This was not me saying oh yeah we can finish in the Champions league easy deffo, it's me saying there is still a lot to play for, including a Europa League 5th place finish, which we are 2 points off now and would involve us denying Liverpool and Arteta's Arsenal of European football, it's not time to throw the towel in and put the kids on is it? It's time to see big performances from Fellaini and Bainaar and a return to form for Jelavic and give us something to shout about and add a new dimension to next season.

I think we are fighting for 6th at best to be honest .

As for next season I suspect that promises to be a very different proposition on so many levels

I think we are fighting for 6th at best to be honest .

As for next season I suspect that promises to be a very different proposition on so many levels

Sorry mate but when we are 2 points off 5th with games against our two rivals for that position to come, I can't help but think it still remains entirely possible.

Optimistic hat on... 4w 1d at home. Away - Sunderland win. 4 draws at the other 4 (any win would be wonderful). That's 20 points. Is that enough for 5th? About 5th or 6th probably.

Pessimistic hat: 8 points at home about 4 away - 12. 7th.

Average of 16 probably means 6th or 7th.

4th 100/1
5th 10/1
6th 6/4
7th 5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.