2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring his decision to Shoot and force a good save from Kepa (I will never have a go at a guy for shooting while in a good position like he was), he was such a threat on the counter today and did well for the third.

Worked hard too.

I know he's the forums booboy so credit where it's deserved.

Played DCL9 in for a one on one as well

That cross he drilled across to Richarlison in the 1st half wasn't on, if he had his wits about him he should have slid it to DCL who was in a far better position to cut it back. Just poor decision making. He wouldn't be here though if he did have a good final ball I suppose.

That's the thing mate, if he had any consistency to his all round game he would still be at Arsenal.

I think a right winger should be 1 or 2 on our transfer list for summer, If we had someone who is a bit more composed than Theo we'd be laughing because he gets into very good spaces and Everton like to attack down the left and right wing but the problem is we sold Lookman and we're stuck with Theo who is decent on his day but his finishing is shocking and a huge lack of consistency hampers him.

Better than Lennon though surely. Not that Lennon was that bad

Those two where supposed to be the next big things for England.

I remember both getting picked for that World Cup, Walcott despite not even playing first team football.

Only Lennon played.

If you told me back then both would be playing for us I would have though things would get a lot better,

I would like him to be a sub who we bring on at about the 60 minute mark to run at tiring defenders. He is like Gareth Barry was a good player who we probably got 5 years too late. He will be a miss from the team. I would bring Kean in and put him alongside DCL and move Richarlison onto the right.

Richy with his attitude against Chelsea is actually a very very good striker. I can’t over emphasise how impressed I was with his all round game. His crossing is cack as his ability to link with the fullbacks so playing him out wide should not be our preferred option imo.

Richy with his attitude against Chelsea is actually a very very good striker. I can’t over emphasise how impressed I was with his all round game. His crossing is cack as his ability to link with the fullbacks so playing him out wide should not be our preferred option imo.

Given that Kean plays on the right for Italy u21 perhaps swap them around or maybe leave Richarlison up top and play Bernard instead I just tend to think Bernard is more suited to the left.

I would like him to be a sub who we bring on at about the 60 minute mark to run at tiring defenders. He is like Gareth Barry was a good player who we probably got 5 years too late. He will be a miss from the team. I would bring Kean in and put him alongside DCL and move Richarlison onto the right.
Good post messymascot, pity he’s not playing tomorrow, he’ll be missed more than Iwobi.

Given that Kean plays on the right for Italy u21 perhaps swap them around or maybe leave Richarlison up top and play Bernard instead I just tend to think Bernard is more suited to the left.

Totally agree on Bernie being a LM. Just think richy is so much better upfront and his main strength is his finishing and surprisingly finishing crosses. He has a real knack for being on the end of them which is something that’s hard to learn so for that reason he has to play up top imo. Depending on who comes in to replace Silva and if that means a change in style from going wide all the time, maybe we could play kean , DCL with richy our wide but under our usual “style” he is so much more dangerous from central.

Status
Not open for further replies.