2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typical Walcott, really great at getting in behind on the counter and creating dangerous opportunities but... always blows them and cant finish or find that final pass except on rare occasions.

It’s a good comparison this. It’s the decision making in the final ball that he really struggles with. In form, Theo is brilliant to have on the pitch and is relatively unmatched for pace. Unfortunately his inconsistency makes him another squad player.
Yeh, he wasn’t that bad at arsenal...was he?

Barring his decision to Shoot and force a good save from Kepa (I will never have a go at a guy for shooting while in a good position like he was), he was such a threat on the counter today and did well for the third.

Worked hard too.

I know he's the forums booboy so credit where it's deserved.
If we are going to surrender the majority of the possession and play on the counter there's no one better in the squad for that wide right role. Decision making leaves a lot to be desired but his pure pace opens the ball begin the full back most times.

As has been said, his final ball 9/10 is bloody awful. His pace however is a great tool to have in a side. If we could get someone as equally as quick but with a better final ball we'll be much more effective on the counter.

As has already been said his pace is a great outlet. If he would get his head up to have a look at what is happening around him he could be outstanding.
Sometimes the problem with pacy players is they think it is enough.
A very good player to have in the squad.

As has already been said his pace is a great outlet. If he would get his head up to have a look at what is happening around him he could be outstanding.
Sometimes the problem with pacy players is they think it is enough.
A very good player to have in the squad.

That cross he drilled across to Richarlison in the 1st half wasn't on, if he had his wits about him he should have slid it to DCL who was in a far better position to cut it back. Just poor decision making. He wouldn't be here though if he did have a good final ball I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.