2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is good.
skysports-theo-walcott-everton-premier-league_4219378.jpg

While I genuinely am made up for him scoring that goal, he was absolutely turd up until that point. The fact that he's played so often this season and this was his first goal speaks volumes. Theo is a trier who never goes hiding, but he doesn't quite have the brain in the final third where it really counts. I do love his attitude and nobody can deny he's a top professional, but he's really not the required standard for any team looking to qualify for Europe. I have confidence he can do a job for us largely off the bench next season, but for today, let's just celebrate what his goal meant and enjoy the win.

While I genuinely am made up for him scoring that goal, he was absolutely turd up until that point. The fact that he's played so often this season and this was his first goal speaks volumes. Theo is a trier who never goes hiding, but he doesn't quite have the brain in the final third where it really counts. I do love his attitude and nobody can deny he's a top professional, but he's really not the required standard for any team looking to qualify for Europe. I have confidence he can do a job for us largely off the bench next season, but for today, let's just celebrate what his goal meant and enjoy the win.

Agree with everything you write but your point about his attitude. It stinks. He is not a trier. Yes he will score two or thee every season but will
be thoughtless and on amateur frequency the rest of the time. Walcott goes through the motions. Johnny Morissey is an example of a good
attitude while Walcott is the exact opposite.

Watford's first goal is an example. Del Boy gets the ball with our full back in attendance but Walcott runs towards him oblivious to the
fact that a player is coming up behind him. Simple lay-off. Shot. Goal.

Such a frustrating player. I mean, the lad isn't actually a bad footballer, he works hard, makes good intelligent runs but the one attribute he needs in that position is one he doesn't rank highly on and that's his decision making. The amount of times he buggers up his good work is consistently bad.

Scored the winner by making a good run and hitting it instinctively, if he'd needed another touch he'd have missed.

Anyway, well done Walcott, kept going till the end despite nothing coming off for him.

Scoring that goal is great for his confidence etc but had his overall play been of a standard required throughout this season then he would have had way more assists & goals & we would be higher up the table. The most frustrating thing is that he gets himself into really good positions but we need him to offer this club something more than 1 last minute goal against a second bottom club. It doesn't change how i feel about him at all. Like Sigurdsson, they need to do the job required on a regular basis or your just holding back the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.