2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still rate him as a good player to have in the squad. He's an intelligent footballer and his movement is excellent. There's a reason why he always seems to get chances. The shot that Kean took near the end, Walcott sprinted half the length of the pitch to take up a great position in the box and would have been free if it was squared.

The problem is that he's being payed a lot to be sitting on the bench.

I don’t rate him but during the game , the kean chance you mentioned my bro shouted kin look at Walcott ! His pace is still there he rams from the edge of his area to the oppositions in what seemed like 3 seconds

He should be an example to upcoming footballers why football intelligence is crucial to your game no matter how fast you are.
This is still the same Walcott Sven took to the world cup all those years ago

He should be an example to upcoming footballers why football intelligence is crucial to your game no matter how fast you are.
This is still the same Walcott Sven took to the world cup all those years ago

Has stayed at the top level for Arsenal England and now Everton from the age of 17 until his 30s. Maintained his pace and some fairly good career stats. Most young players would saw their arm off to have his career.

Walcott is frustratingly good, and we know what he could do but he never does it. DCL should be warned that he could have a decent career like Walcott, if he works hard, or he could do even better if he can average 15 goals a season and actually learns to do the final ball or final shot.

Has stayed at the top level for Arsenal England and now Everton from the age of 17 until his 30s. Maintained his pace and some fairly good career stats. Most young players would saw their arm off to have his career.
Never made it as a top player despite being given chance after chance after chance.
Then came out and said he plays best as striker was given the opportunity but still flopped.

England career was over at the age of 27 at 28 came here for the money

Never made it as a top player despite being given chance after chance after chance.
Then came out and said he plays best as striker was given the opportunity but still flopped.

England career was over at the age of 27 at 28 came here for the money

He'd have got money at any club. He came here to play first team football for a team that was supposed to be on the rise. Obviously he gets a wage, as anyone who works does, but i do not believe that money was his sole motivator.

He's not as bad as some think and adds depth to the squad.

Walcott is frustratingly good, and we know what he could do but he never does it. DCL should be warned that he could have a decent career like Walcott, if he works hard, or he could do even better if he can average 15 goals a season and actually learns to do the final ball or final shot.
He's a very clever player and knows where and when to make runs off the ball. Despite his lack of minutes he could easily have scored 15 goals last season based on his one on one situations. He is very capable of getting those sort of figures as we have seen from his time at Arsenal and he still has the pace and awareness to get into the positions. it is just the end product that is letting him down and a lot of that can only be down to confidence.

I don't think he gives enough to the team to be a regular starter and his link play with Coleman is almost non existent. But he can still be hugely effective from the bench if he ever gets his scoring mojo back.

He'd have got money at any club. He came here to play first team football for a team that was supposed to be on the rise. Obviously he gets a wage, as anyone who works does, but i do not believe that money was his sole motivator.

He's not as bad as some think and adds depth to the squad.
He increased his salary by dropping to a team outside the top 6.
Has 2 years remaining which he will see put before leaving on a free and most likely America.
What a waste of 20m

Status
Not open for further replies.