2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with him is every time he comes on our right side goes missing because him and Coleman just don't link up.
He drifts in games way too much without doing anything for the money he is on.
His plus side is that he is actually one of the few attacking players who gets into absolute killer positions but he fails to convert chances but he's the only player who finds himself in these positions.
I'd probably sell and hope we can get someone a bit better but wouldn't be too fussed if he stays.

I think with a right back who is more comfortable on the ball than Coleman is in terms of passing and decision making hed look better. I love Coleman’s attitude but a right sided Digne would improve us no end

I think with a right back who is more comfortable on the ball than Coleman is in terms of passing and decision making hed look better. I love Coleman’s attitude but a right sided Digne would improve us no end
But Coleman is fine when Richarlison is playing, When Walcott is playing they look like they don't wanna know each other.

Bit of an enigma Theo. We can see he still has talent as he showed yesterday, but it’s the lack of consistency, as with so many of our players. Most of them are capable of brilliance now and then, they just don’t play to a high enough level week in week out. That is what top teams do.

The MLS beckons.
Nice guy but we should probably move on.

Richarlison, Bernard, Henry, Lookmam to stay.

Kev, Bolaise, Sandro and possibly Theo surplus?

Actally I'd keep Walcott,definitely before Lookman. experience before overhyped. Small fee against good fee for Lookman. Walcotts last two goals, both first class finishes. Very useful squad player across the front three. Lookman, hot and cold, attitude wrong, limited.

Actally I'd keep Walcott,definitely before Lookman. experience before overhyped. Small fee against good fee for Lookman. Walcotts last two goals, both first class finishes. Very useful squad player across the front three. Lookman, hot and cold, attitude wrong, limited.

Wouldn’t bother me if both went.

Theo’s 2 goals mask over a significant goal drought and a period when he simply didn’t affect games and contributed to an ineffective right hand side. There were several instances when he didn’t track, notably united away which didn’t help his cause.

He never kicked on at Arsenal, he’s not going to get any better here and I’d rather have his wages off the books than keep him.

On one hand he is the only player in the squad that consistently gets into great scoring positions. Unfortunately, he has shown little to no composure for most of the season. It could have been a much different story this season had Theo put his chances away.

It was a nice goal, but unless Theo picks it up big time next year, he may need to pack his bags on those wages.

On 100k according to Sportrac

My problem with him is every time he comes on our right side goes missing because him and Coleman just don't link up.
His plus side is that he is actually one of the few attacking players who gets into absolute killer positions but he fails to convert chances but he's the only player who finds himself in these positions.
I'd probably sell and hope we can get someone a bit better but wouldn't be too fussed if he stays.

Whatever you think of Coleman, his return to form coincided with Richarlison in front of him rather than Theo. Not a coincidence IMO.

Needs to be moved on. If he was 24 you'd say fair enough, he gets into good positions and could improve. However, he's 30 and has been playing for 14 years; the level he has been at this season is his level. We have to be aiming for better than that if we want to improve.

It's a shame as he comes across as a top bloke and if he does move on, I will wish him the best of luck.

Whatever you think of Coleman, his return to form coincided with Richarlison in front of him rather than Theo. Not a coincidence IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.