2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does lack of form relate to being bone idle and watching your teammates deal with players that you should have covered? No.

It's called laziness. Walcott is lazy. Needs benching cos that attitude ain't gonna wash.

Is there a reason we got Bernard on a free ?
And got two Barca lads in the last window ?
Gomez looks the part, Mina hasn't kicked a ball, Bernard has had 1 good game , don't get me wrong
I'm still feeling positive with Silva but there is still ;lots of room for improvement

Gomez looks the part, Mina hasn't kicked a ball, Bernard has had 1 good game , don't get me wrong
I'm still feeling positive with Silva but there is still ;lots of room for improvement
ofcourse there is.The most important point is that were improving...look how we played against the last time.
Its not that long since everyone was playing together..there are things that needs improving over the pitch...there was a lot of individual thinking and not TEAM thinkimg..but that will come..One things for sure though is that we need a focal point..we need an out and out goalscorer..it will come, we will get there in time. But in the meantime we will enjoy watching our team..win lose or draw.

This has been Walcott for his whole career though. He always blows hot and cold but is always a threat because of his ridiculous pace. We knew exactly what we were buying, he had little defensive responsibility for 12 years under Wenger so don't expect him to change at 29.

He's a quality player but I'm not sure playing him with an attacking right back up against the likes of Martial is the right choice. You can get away with against most sides but rarely away to a side with a top winger.

Rubbish today. Offered no protection to Coleman, even though it was obvious that Tony Marshall was going to a handful for Seamus.

At fault for their second goal, giving the ball away then half-heartedly trotting back instead of busting a gut. If he ran, the ball to Martial wouldn’t have even been on, never mind a free shot on goal.

Had a shot, was pathetic as usual.

Lack of defensive effort is certainly an issue, but his inability to finish in the last couple of matches is much more concerning. He did nothing with two clear cut chances the last two weeks. I’d run Lookman out next week in his spot.

ofcourse there is.The most important point is that were improving...look how we played against the last time.
Its not that long since everyone was playing together..there are things that needs improving over the pitch...there was a lot of individual thinking and not TEAM thinkimg..but that will come..One things for sure though is that we need a focal point..we need an out and out goalscorer..it will come, we will get there in time. But in the meantime we will enjoy watching our team..win lose or draw.
Absolutely spot on there.
We have good individual players but thats not effective if you dont work as a team/unit.
Also...I think Silva & Brands realise we need a focal point in attack and an out an out goalscorer is one of essential pieces that we need..The Q is, is that piece available in Jan or shall we wait till the summer?..If it means getting the right player...then we should wait...but mentally were going in the right direction...we are interesting to watch

Poor,poor and poor. Can't shot and watches Martial score without contest. Bench him next week. Coleman can't keep form with him in front of him. Needs to get with it.

Lack of defensive effort is certainly an issue, but his inability to finish in the last couple of matches is much more concerning. He did nothing with two clear cut chances the last two weeks. I’d run Lookman out next week in his spot.
Time to give lookman a go. Id play walcott upfront and rich on lw. I remember walcott having a spell as centre forward at arsenal and scoring regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.