2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well obviously we can otherwise we would never have signed him, on the bench, playing or not the wages still get paid.
Yes but Aston Villa and Leeds thought they could afford to pay big bucks, their players were still getting paid until quite late in the day.
I'm not saying we are skint, but, we don't have the same kind of money as City, Utd., Chelsea or the RS. We have to balance the books and if we are paying all that money for Walcott it means we can't lash it at somebody who would be a regular starter. Lookman would be a more realistic option off the bench.

Don't be a nob. You already embarrassed yours with daft stats last week.... did you enjoy DCL's performance or "didn't you get it?"

Performance? Sorry mate just don't see it. He's as threatening as a butterfly. He runs a lot and brings the ball down... But I want my number 9 to score goals.

Are we going to sell Theo for any sum of money that we would find worth it? The teams above us wouldn't want him. The teams below us would want to drive the price down, and he'd help those teams considerably.

He's 30. He still has pace. He has a lot of experience in this league. He's not a great finisher and that's why he never locked down a role at Arsenal. But he's certainly useful. If we want to join the big boys, we need to have bench players that can help us. It's not like he's making break the bank type of wages.

I'd prefer he stays, to be honest, rather than selling him just to get rid of his wages.

Chuffed he got a goal. Dreadful first touch but calm, neat finish.

He can still be useful. If there's a decent offer in the summer i'm sure we'd be open to selling, like, as long as the replacements are either signed or available (or someone like Onyekuru is trusted).

Performance? Sorry mate just don't see it. He's as threatening as a butterfly. He runs a lot and brings the ball down... But I want my number 9 to score goals.

You don't see it cos you don't understand it. When I was a kid I judged strikers on goals.. maybe you are either young or don't understand the game when when it comes to strikers.... no offence. I'm not exactly great at appraising defenders tbh...

Hopefully the goals masks his awfulness so a stupid club, like West Ham, will buy him.
Can only agree. I think it's dependent on us keeping Lookman or getting in a new winger though. Bernard and Richi should be our starters next season and Walcott obv isn't good enough to be challenging them for a place. Difficult though finding a decent player to be a bit part member of the squad like Theo has become.

Looking at the videos of his misses posted in the Sigurdsson thread, can see he makes good runs. If only he could slot more of them home like he did on Sunday I could forgive his other imperfections! Part of me thinks there's still a player in there if we can get him to come into some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.