Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to put a dampened on it here but a straight choice between us and Southampton I have a feeling Walcott chooses Southampton if deals are identical.

Small chance of him accepting us over them as we are better placed long term. But can see staying in the south being a big draw for him especially as he has never been further than London his whole career
Southampton won't offer him anywhere near the contract he's on with Arsenal, whereas we'll likely match it.

= he's joining us.

Rooney was/is labelled a past it has been. He's still out best player.

Walcott may be a arsenal fringe injury prone player...but is still better than anyone (bar Rooney) in our squad, won trophies, and played at the highest level.

Again, none of the squad bar Rooney have played at his level.

May even actually stop the side bottling big games.
Don’t agree.

He’s 29 in a couple of months, we should be trying to lower the average age of the squad, not increase it.

Generally speaking I agree

But if we got rid of Mirallas and Lennon, for example, and brought in Walcott, I think that's reasonable enough - we have Vlasic, Lookman and Onyekuru as younger players in those wide roles, with only Bolasie as a more experienced head

So we buy Walcott for £20m and Arsenal replace him with Malcolm for the same amount... hmmmm

Bordeaux have reportedly put a £40 million price tag on malcom mate. So it'll be the sanchez and walcott money. £40 million for a unproven midget?

Also you could look at it as this is just the barkley and kev money. A player we wouldn't have in 6 months anyway and the money off a loan deal for a lad in his prime whos fast, can score goals and is proven in this leauge. Depends on which way you want to spin it though i suppose. Could say he's a injury prone never been who's on big wages and the decline.

New no.8?

Happy with this signing. Much needed pace. He is 28 but will surely get a good few years of his career with Everton.

Can see we continue to sell back-up like Lennon, Niasse and Besic to balance the book.

Bordeaux have reportedly put a £40 million price tag on malcom mate. So it'll be the sanchez and walcott money. £40 million for a unproven midget?

Also you could look at it as this is just the barkley and kev money. A player we wouldn't have in 6 months anyway and the money off a loan deal for a lad in his prime whos fast, can score goals and is proven in this leauge. Depends on which way you want to spin it though i suppose. Could say he's a injury prone never been who's on big wages and the decline.

Barkley kev Niasse Lennon money mate.

We still have spare change for a left back

Status
Not open for further replies.