• Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes going to Southampton.
latest

Hes going to Southampton.

Really? Thank the merciful heavens above.

I wouldn't have wanted this even years ago. Typical premier league also-ran whose main attribute is being English.

Still, there was a time when I would have trusted that management at least knew what it was doing regardless with a move like this. After last summer, no longer.

Sam just confirmed it

Tell you what that might be the first time i have seen a manager confirm interest in a player so casually in a press conference before they were anywhere near signed

Looks like he is joining then, I'll get behind him if so but I'm not filled with confidence here.

The sort of signing that a manager makes for the short-term which should IMO, be over-ruled by a functioning DOF on the basis that he will not offer good value for the medium to long-term.

Have to question Sam's judgement on this one.

I like Walcott and he would offer us another goal threat but I just don't think by and large, that signing injury-prone rejects in his age bracket even if it is relatively cheap, is the way forward for us at all. So no thanks.

IMO we simply have to concentrate by and large on a model of signing the better/best of players in a younger age bracket, in conjunction with players coming through the junior teams, so they can either blossom with us and/or be sold later at a healthy profit.

There will be exceptions always, and you have to have a flexible policy, but I don't see Walcott as being worthy enough of making an exception for.

Why? And when has that won trophies unless you're United under Fergie?

We're not in dire need to keep the club running by selling talented young players off.

For Sam to go in record like that he may be preety confident. Would look silly if he doesn’t sign now imo. ( i know he didnt confirm anything but still to talk about him like that makes me think that its close)

Really, plus you can’t put rooney and Walcott in the same league, rooney has been a premier league great, Walcott has been an arsenal fringe, injury prone squad player.

Rooney was/is labelled a past it has been. He's still out best player.

Walcott may be a arsenal fringe injury prone player...but is still better than anyone (bar Rooney) in our squad, won trophies, and played at the highest level.

Again, none of the squad bar Rooney have played at his level.

May even actually stop the side bottling big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.