• Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said that? lol
Who said what? :coffee:

daduntsh.gif

The fee we pay for a player doesn't bother me. The wage we pay them does.
Why, what is the difference

High transfer fees fuel high wages, just a vicious circle in this mad world of football.

Personally I don't care, if clubs are stupid enough to pay it, players are going to accept with open arms

Walcott is not making my heart beat faster. For those who remember Johnny Morissey well Walcott is the opposite - not determined,
not hard-working, no love for the team, inconsistent, moody.

Why buy Walcott when Henry from Anderlecht is coming over in summer and he's a speed merchant who can actually score goals? - when we have Lookman, Bolasie and Vlasic?
I am for one not prepared to wait on Henry or Vlasic or Lookman, all 3 may not even make the grade. In Walcott we have a proven goal scorer and pace to add... but also has experience

I like Walcott and he would offer us another goal threat but I just don't think by and large, that signing injury-prone rejects in his age bracket even if it is relatively cheap, is the way forward for us at all. So no thanks.

IMO we simply have to concentrate by and large on a model of signing the better/best of players in a younger age bracket, in conjunction with players coming through the junior teams, so they can either blossom with us and/or be sold later at a healthy profit.

There will be exceptions always, and you have to have a flexible policy, but I don't see Walcott as being worthy enough of making an exception for.

Status
Not open for further replies.