Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott has always been quicker than Lennon though. And he still is quicker now.

And the plus side with Walcott is he is more versatile. He can play off the main striker so if he does lose half-a-yard of pace, he can play there.

If this deal can be done it's a no-brainer. He improves our squad.
It's far from a no brainer, in fact I would say its a complete waste of money. A player who is nearly 29 and relies on his pace bought when we've got a stop gap manager in place and this season is effectively over.

Burnley were touted in the summer Ste and I think he would be perfect for them if we did end up selling.

I think he'd improve short term anyway any team that has a focus on running there arses off - long as that team isn't relying on him for quality end product, a cog in a machine so to speak.

Burnley or even West HAm under Moyes would both be good fits for the lad and wish him nothing but well frankly.

As long as he can take us up the pitch a bit and lay it off to someone else same with Bolasie then I am not too worried about stats. He is a player that can relieve pressure and force back or keep back opposition defenders allowing us to take out the tent pegs and relocate further up the pitch. Decent player and will do a decent job.

Funny thing is everyone has this notion about Sam (rightly so) and yet he's out here buying attackers left right and centre lol

That's because Sam is more about organisation than personnel, when it comes to defending.

But attacking wise, he is limited, but he has always tried to use pace and flair players up top.

Bolton: Okocho, Djorkaev etc - with Davies and Nolan obviously acting as the powerhouses.

Palace: Zaha, Benteke, Townsend, Sako.

S'Land: Khazri, Defoe, Bornini.

Sam's defensive approach doesn't necessarily need great players. It just needs a structure and the team as a whole to defend as a unit.

The problem we've seen recently is that we've lacked the sharpness or guile in the final third to cut teams open and relieve the pressure. Sam can't coach that as such and so needs to buy that in.

I think he'd improve short term anyway any team that has a focus on running there arses off - long as that team isn't relying on him for quality end product, a cog in a machine so to speak.

Burnley or even West HAm under Moyes would both be good fits for the lad and wish him nothing but well frankly.
WHU seems like a good fit. He spent a lot of time in London in his career and would likely be more than up for returning to the capital.

Improving our top 10 rivals if we sell to Burnley ;)

WHU seems like a good fit. He spent a lot of time in London in his career and would likely be more than up for returning to the capital.

Still spends most of his time in Leeds or Manchester, even when he was at Spurs, mate.

He was regularly out in Leeds during his loan spell with us in 2015.

Walcott equals pace, aggressive attacking, experience and goals. Not sure about the doubters to be honest...... definitely the kind of player i want in my starting 11. Especially when he quite obviously would improve on what we currently have.

Let's all have a serious reality check and take a look at where we are at this precise moment in time along with the current squad if players, we have.........along with who will seriously come to us with the current limited pulling power we possess and make a difference in January!

My fingers are most definitely crossed on this one. Absolute no brainer!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.