The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It,s a world market" i am sure it can stretch further than an OAP.

We are in a WORLD CUP Year....players will need to play and so there will be a lot of CM,s out there if we look past the North West.
With a budget of nothing though? I don't rate Barry particularly highly, however we do need some back-up for CM, which is all he would likely be.

Gibson is out injured, right now. Who do we play in midfield? Who do we have on the bench?

We're so short there.

He's 50/50 but Martinez still has options:

______________Howard
_______Stones Jagielka Distin
Coleman __________________Baines
___________Fellaini Osman
_____Mirallas ____________Pienaar
______________Jelavic

__________Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
___________Heitinga
_Mirallas Fellaini Barkley Pienaar
___________Jelavic

__________Howard
_______Fellaini Osman
___Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
__________Jelavic

__________Howard
____Osman Fellaini Barkley
____Mirallas Jelavic Pienaar

That's one of the beauties of being able to adapt our system. And, in an emergency, I don't think Roberto would have too many qualms about pitching Pienaar, Naismith, Junior or Lundstram into the middle.

We were tied to having two holding midfielders under Moyes and it's not always necessary. Signing Barry wouldn't be much better than bringing Neville back out of retirement.

If Gareth Barry is our level we might as well go in for Scott Parker. He at least covers the ground better and marshalls those around him.

Barry will be 33 in February and played 31 league games for City last season, so who is to say that they'd be willing to let him go anyway? If we were to take anyone on loan from City then Rodwell would make the most sense.

If Gareth Barry is our level we might as well go in for Scott Parker. He at least covers the ground better and marshalls those around him.

Barry will be 33 in February and played 31 league games for City last season, so who is to say that they'd be willing to let him go anyway? If we were to take anyone on loan from City then Rodwell would make the most sense.

Different manager, like.

I wouldn't worry about anything they say on that forum, it's full oafish halfwits. Check out their "Top ten biggest clubs in England" thread. Most of them still think they are the 4th biggest club in the country and some of them go so far as saying only the rags and Liverpool are bigger than them.

We really piss city fans off for some reason... probably because we pull their pants down twice a year

Different manager, like.

Maybe the pecking order is:

Yaya
Fernandinho
Barry
Garcia
Rodwell

If they're going to play 4-2-3-1 with Navas, Silva and Nasri behind a striker then they'll probably want to keep all their anchors, especially because of Jack's spaghetti hamstrings.

They've got a 26 man squad including 3 'keepers and Guidetti and Razak, which isn't huge really. Sinclair might go too, so I don't see them letting many more players leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.