The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus his rep in Merica would earn us a few bucks on its own.

I think people who are against that transfer are off their rocker tbh. He'd easily be our best option off the bench and has proven on two occasions that he can add to the team in a meaningful way regardless of his position. It's no coincidence that our form has picked up both times he's arrived.

He's a lot more consistent for us than Pienaar as well.

I think people who are against that transfer are off their rocker tbh. He'd easily be our best option off the bench and has proven on two occasions that he can add to the team in a meaningful way regardless of his position. It's no coincidence that our form has picked up both times he's arrived.

He's a lot more consistent for us than Pienaar as well.

Totally agree

And he has pace something we badly lack.

Hahahahaa!
Cant believe this... Right so we could get a player who knows the club, is loved by the fans, can play LM, RM, CAM and even ST for £1m but people would think its a waste because he is 31 hahahahaha!

Dont even think he would cost £1m either tbh, contract runs out in November. Anywhere between £500k - £1m is a steal and i would be all for it.

Hanover have signed Leonardo Bittencourt from Dortmund for a couple of million, This is exactly the type of player we need, young, technical, and pacey, but again not on the radar, and has moved to another club for pennies.

IN relation to donovan, sign him up, 31 or not he is a quality player, and at 1 million he is well worth the punt.

So if we had around £34mill (including Fellaini sale if it happens) I'd hope we can get Soldado, Fer, Moses (or deguzman, Bent (or Defoe), Alcaraz. Depending on how much we have we there could be more or less players in that wish list ie I'd have Donovan in there too

Last edited:
Honda is in the same boat as Donovan as well.

Now, I don't think we'd have a chance of getting him as several 'bigger' clubs will most likely be sniffing round him. But, how much do you reckon it'd take to land him?

If we could add Honda, Donovan, Fer, Lescott and a keeper with only Heitinga outgoing, I think I'd cry with excitement.

Never gonna happen though, sadly.

In January we were buying Fer for around £8m, which we then tried to change to a different kind of structured deal but I think we must've had that kind of money to spend in the first place (unless you look at it as another Kenwright lie).

So let's say we have at least £8m, plus whatever the club decides to use of the new TV deal, without selling any players. I just really hope we spend this money, we've released a few players on significant wages so surely we have SOMETHING to spend.

why are we looking at lescott? the man looks like he is running through custard. Honda would be a cracking signing, I think if the deal is right he would come to us.

His wages are astronomical at CSKA though aren't they? Aside from that I'd absolutely love him here.

I have no idea what he's actually on, but I doubt it's huge. I think it's more about the tax being lower over there. If I'm guessing completely I'd say he's earning 40k after tax, which is a lot over here and to match it we'd have to spend quite a bit.

That will be the stumbling block with most signings, surely kentight should be looking at that, and making provision for wages.
I have just thought we've cleared a couple off the bill maybe shift Fellaini as well. I just hope if we did sign him, players already at the club don't have that "match the highest earner" clause in their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.