The striker debacle

Who are we getting in as Lukaku's replacement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sold on anyone we've been linked with tbf.

This is pretty much it (Giroud and Costa aside). However, given the utter on fume there is an apparent need to just go and buy someone...anyone so that they can be immediately written off as a waste of money and so that Steve Walsh and Moshiri can be lynched as the frauds they are.

Personally think we are going to end up with Slimani with the Deeney swapping his bench spot at Watford for one in Leicester.

I am just happy the dread name Troy Deeney is not on that list.

But I fear he will be this season's Enner Valencia....a last minute loan deal :(

If the stakes do become desperate then it could be literally anybody brought in.............pin the tail on the donkey time.

Logic and calculation go completely out of the window, moreso with each passing hour on deadline day.

If we haven't got anbody in by late afternoon, then Koeman will be revisiting his "not signing anyone for the sake of it" stance, much as he did last year when push came to shove.

I just hope that if it is some random from the stray pile that we don't end up spending money on someone that lots of us will have to google as soon as they sign.

This is a debacle from last year. We only had one striker last year - if he had suffered an injury we would have been much worse off than now.

The problem does not solve itself just by getting a TOP class striker. We will struggle even with Lukaku in this team. The service to him will be poorer than we had last season.

I can count with all my fingers how many shot did Sandro, DCL had since the start of the season. It's that bad. We fail to create, simple as that.

Going for what we got. Soo far, Keane, Pickford and Rooney have be spectacular. Not to mention iceland.

Besides the Chelsea match, i love what i see on the pitch.

I am looking forward too this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.