The Safest Job in Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said hysterical.

And really, is it? You have to wait 38 games to give your opinion?

I bet West Brom are glad you never told them that last season. Weren't they something like 19th before they changed managers mid-season and survived?

its not hysterical, this game just affirmed previous concerns, straw that broke the camels back as it were...

I agree with you mate. However it's not black and white, is it? It's not either Kenright or Moyes to blame. For me it's a combination of the two.

Moyes has stopped working miracles and you can't blame him for that. But he's also stopped getting anything out of his players at the moment. We've got plenty of talent to work with and whilst I do not expect us to beat Arsenal, I do expect us to beat Stoke at home. Moyes is failing, and whilst so much of that is to do with our board's ineptitude, not all of it is. Kenwright didn't tell him to get every single man in the box defending for corners, for example.

Well said.

I can't deny Moyes' achievements, of which there are many. But not too many in the last few years. If any. Living off past achievements is a bit too kopitey for my liking.

Put it this way :

If he had Man Cities team they'd be 3rd right now.

And if he had Boltons team they'd be 8th right now.

Like you say, its not all Moyes fault, Kenwrong and the board deserves plenty of blame for the loss of players.

But Moyes deserves some blame for not getting the best out of the great squad he has assembled.

And lets get one thing clear, the things being said now regarding Moyes as a manager have been being said for several seasons now, his flaws have been obvious and have not seem to of been adressed by him in the slightest.

Its like buying a Porsche 911 for £3000 and then only using it to drive down the shops on a Sunday.

You said hysterical.

I bet West Brom are glad you never told them that last season. Weren't they something like 19th before they changed managers mid-season and survived?

Hysterical can either mean funny or it can mean uncontrolled, panicked behaviour - e.g. "hysteria".

You said hysterical.

The Moyes-bashing is hysterical. How does that mean I am laughing, which is what you said ?

No you don't have to wait 38 games to give your opinion, but to pass judgement on whether he should stay in the job or not.

You really are quite good at slyly inventing things people are supposed to have said, when in fact they didn't.

Moyes has stopped working miracles and you can't blame him for that. But he's also stopped getting anything out of his players at the moment. We've got plenty of talent to work with and whilst I do not expect us to beat Arsenal, I do expect us to beat Stoke at home. Moyes is failing, and whilst so much of that is to do with our board's ineptitude, not all of it is. Kenwright didn't tell him to get every single man in the box defending for corners, for example.

Couldn't agree more with this 'corners thing'. I mean why bring everyone back? Leave one on the half way line and at least one just outside our box (to pick up or challenge in the event of a half clearance). If you are worried about teams with a lot of height like Stoke last week, leave Ossie in the centre circle, Coleman on the edge and bring back the taller players to mark up. Bringing everyone back is asking for trouble. Even when Stoke were a goal up they left Walters and Etherington ouside the box, and we duly left players back in case of a counter attack by them!! I will never understand Moyes' thinking on this aspect, especially when we're at home.

Hysterical can either mean funny or it can mean uncontrolled, panicked behaviour - e.g. "hysteria".

I did know that FFS professor Tubey lol

I just assumed he meant he found my post to be hysterical. Perhaps not. Curse those pesky homonyms!

Think Moyes is treating every game as if it's a hugely pressurised game, scrambling defence for a point and it just isn't working. I would imagine having to sell on some of the quality ball playing members of the squad has had a sizeable effect on tactics and team selection. Confidence from the manager is low, the squad is low and fans is low. I don't think that we can honestly expect anything above 8th, especially with a skeletal squad, as we now have. The only thing i would imagine could change the situation if to blood a lot of the youngsters and recall those we have on loan, to flesh out the squad a bit more and become more attacking. Only three injuries and the team looks on it's last legs and selection looks desperate. In my opinion, things won't shape up while Moyes feels the squeeze.

I am as disgruntled as everybody else but i have to say its not all to be left on the managers doorstep alot has to be said for the players that tog out every week. We dont seem to have the players that are good with the ball at their feet so i thing the "Jack Charlton" style of football is not the best but in my mind i will be happy to see the other side of christmas and maybe santa will give us a few quid to boost up our team. And i remember not too long ago when we got our asses handed to us by the very same team we played today, and maybe if we had a board that had a few quid we could get one or two players in in my opinion that is all we are missing just one or two players, and in comparison to previous seasons we have had either a crap first half and a great second half or visa-versa so i say just give him a chance, i woul be more about getting on the chairmans back about getting some investment or a new owner into the club which is more or less what we need £££££££.

The Moyes-bashing is hysterical. How does that mean I am laughing, which is what you said ?

No you don't have to wait 38 games to give your opinion, but to pass judgement on whether he should stay in the job or not.

You really are quite good at slyly inventing things people are supposed to have said, when in fact they didn't.

Sorry for the hysterical mix up. Which was hysterical in one sense but definitely not in the other.

And basically mate, I've waited a lot, lot, lot longer than 38 games. This isn't exactly Moyes' first season.

I don't mean to rile other blues up though. We're all in the same boat.

"David Moyes has lavished praise on his Everton players for the manner in which they fell to a 1-0 defeat at the Emirates Stadium."
and...
"Our team done brilliant you know to be in the game. I can´t praise the lads enough to keep at it, stuck at it, it was tough we was playing against good players but I thought they done a good job"

He's a ****ing mentalist, get him out!

Status
Not open for further replies.