the return of arteta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd keep the side as it is at the moment. Rodwell and Fellaini haven't let a lot get past them in matches against Chelsea, Wigan and City. When Mikel was in the middle he was getting robbed of the ball and left on his arse. Bring him back to replace Cahill when he goes off to Qatar.

He kicked up a fuss last time we forced him to play on the right, proved himself invaluable as a pivot type player so i'd put Johnny to CB if Jags is out and put Fellaini and Arteta as deep playmakers with Cahill/Rodwell as AM myself.

Reckon he'll come in for Coleman and Rodwell will go to the right.

Thats what i was thinking.

Rodwell is a stronger runner so will suit the wide area better, and moyes has said he,s looking to give coleman a break anyway. The only thing is then in the centre of midfield who sits and who pushes on. I think when Arteta and Fella played in there before it was arteta sitting and fella pushing a bit further on but id like to see it the other way around. Defensive mid is Fellaini best position im my opinion and we lose a bit from him anywhere else.

Cahill is a good striker, he is a much better striker than midfielder or attacking midfielder these days. Play him up front and do a 5 of coleman, fellaini, arteta, Pienaar and Rodwell on the prowl.

I for one would really like to see Jonny come in for Jags if he isnt fit- that is the position he played for his country to get to the world cup final.

start him on the wing, slide coleman back. i think we're gonna have to put neville in as a cb, with jags out. if johnny cant return its gonna be bad. but neville could do it.

once a real cb comes back just drop whoever played the worst.

I like this as well. I do not think Moyes is going to start Mikel on the bench (though that's where I also think he should be). Having Hibbo come on doesn't inspire confidence in me (from what little I've seen). If Arteta still doesn't have what it takes, boot him, and put on the Man City squad with Hibbo as the sub.

EDIT: And please don't bench Seamus. He is the one bit of pace we've actually got.

Get him in, and get him to perform to the best of his abbilities. Arteta is by far our best player. After all, remember, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Hear ya! Honest question: what do we do if he's still not up to snuff? Let him play? Put him back on the bench? What if he's still "off?"

If Heitinga is out i would have:
---------------Howard----------------
--- Coleman - Nev - Distin - Baines ---
-- Rodders - Arteta - Felliani - Pienaar -
---------------Yak/Saha--------------

Also hope Yak plays or gets atleast a half he hasnt got alot of game time lately.

Last edited:
With arteta in the center he just seems to be sitting back and passing it east west. It might be worth a shot giving him a shot on the wing and let him bang in crosses.

With arteta in the center he just seems to be sitting back and passing it east west. It might be worth a shot giving him a shot on the wing and let him bang in crosses.

It would be perfect if he can play and play well at RM because we could keep Rodwell in the team and it fixes our small problem in the right midfield.

I'd bring him on rather than start with him. I agree though that we should adjust his position. We could try him on the left as well as the right.

If Heitinga is out i would have:
---------------Howard----------------
--- Coleman - Nev - Distin - Baines ---
-- Rodders - Arteta - Felliani - Pienaar -
---------------Yak/Saha--------------

Also hope Yak plays or gets atleast a half he hasnt got alot of game time lately.

So what has Cahill done to deserve being dropped??

And you an Aussie as well !

Arteta right, Hibbo RB, Neville CB and Coleman on to scare those brummies shitless in the last 20 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.