The "Remember When..." Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you wernt a season ticket holder , you got a priority voucher at an unannounced home match , remember my 1st one I got against Middlesboro - chuffed , hid it and checked it was there daily !
Upcoming cup matches, semi finals, and finals (yes, I'm talking about us!), you tried to anticipate what games the vouchers would be given.

Possibly my favourite game I've been too.Sebastian Frey had the game of his life the tit

Just in terms of shear momentary joy, I don't think a goal sticks out more than that one for me... mad to think that such elation was followed so quickly by utter gloom.

There are some other goals (usually late in games) from the Moyes era that really stick out in my mind too. Pienaar chip against Arsenal, Gosling in the cup against the RS, Saha in the cup final.... Jelavic's second in that 4-4 against United (paddy power had him at 50-1 for two or more despite having scored 3 braces in a row.... £££££££)

Just in terms of shear momentary joy, I don't think a goal sticks out more than that one for me... mad to think that such elation was followed so quickly by utter gloom.

There are some other goals (usually late in games) from the Moyes era that really stick out in my mind too. Pienaar chip against Arsenal, Gosling in the cup against the RS, Saha in the cup final.... Jelavic's second in that 4-4 against United (paddy power had him at 50-1 for two or more despite having scored 3 braces in a row.... £££££££)
One that always sticks out in my mind is the Jelavic one against spurs in the last minute to win 2-1. Vellios with the crap overhead and Jelavic just bags, I think i fell a couple of rows in the Upper Gwladys

Remember the Changy game at half time?

I can beat that.....Mr Testicles

untitled.png

Remember when the Club decided to put the Villarreal tickets on general sale so season ticket holders almost lost out. Had to queue up for the entire day round the Park End.

One that always sticks out in my mind is the Jelavic one against spurs in the last minute to win 2-1. Vellios with the crap overhead and Jelavic just bags, I think i fell a couple of rows in the Upper Gwladys

Oh yes, I remember this... another one of those "his second touch is a celebration" goals. Jaysus, after those 6 months I really thought we had found an absolute gem of a striker - pity it all fell apart for him, playing in China now the last few seasons.

We've had that a few times... strikers that started off really well and then tapered off quite quickly. Yakubu had to be one of the best finishers we had at the club, always confident of him scoring when the ball was at his feet in the box... and by then end he was one of the most frustrating players to watch just because of how static he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.