The remaining 14 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal, United and City - We can do all of these at home.

Reckon we'll beat Arse and United and draw with City.

We need to see the teams at the bottom we have to travel to edging to safety in the next month or so. Playing teams in no real danger of going down is far better than scrapping with relegation candidates in their own midden (S'land, Hull, Fulham). I fear them more than I do the likes of Spurs away.

I can see Fulham being bogey team in the next few weeks. There's just no way they can be that rubbish for so long.
Not saying they won't go down. But they do have some good players to string some wins together.

Cardiff, West Ham and Fulham will be up there with United's and Chelsea's etc in terms of tough games.

Predicting points accurately from each game / group of games is really difficult and little bit of a waste of time really. For example, I would have bet on us beating Sunderland and West Brom at home as well as Palace and Cardiff away; and not winning at Old Trafford or getting anything from the Emirates. Its an old cliché, but at this stage of the season it really is one game at a time.

I think our next 3 away games will go a long way to deciding where we finish - Spurs/Chelsea/Newcastle. If we can get something from each of these (not easy but not impossible either) and maintain our home form then we should be there or thereabouts.

Cracking results for us this weekend, huge fixture list coming up now.

Liverpool v Arsenal
Everton v Spurs
United v Fulham

Unfortunately i can't see Fulham troubling United at all, despite Moyes.

Hopefully we'll see Coleman back and Traore and Deulofeu available from the bench.

So if we can win at White Hart Lane (where they've been beaten 5-1 by City, 5-0 by Liverpool, 3-0 by West Ham and 1-0 by Newcastle) and Liverpool fail to beat Arsenal at home we'll at least draw level with them on points and we'll put 4 points between us and Spurs. United should be fairly comfortable at home to Fulham though.

Hate forecasts and predictions, as many have said just one game at a time. Bear in mind the injury list we have or may have for those last 14 games. Add to that should we go all out for FA Cup success, a pot and entry to Europe.

Team for Spurs (hopefully) :

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas Barry McCarthy Pienaar
Barkley
Naismith

Stones
McGeady
Osman
Traore
Deulofeu
Robles
Hibbert

Solid bench there. Could start with Mirallas up top and McGeady on the right but i don't think Mirallas is made for the lone striker role. Naismith deserves a chance imo.

Howard
Barkley
Naismith

Stones
McGeady
Osman
Traore
Deulofeu
Robles
Hibbert

Solid bench there. Could start with Mirallas up top and McGeady on the right but i don't think Mirallas is made for the lone striker role. Naismith deserves a chance imo.

That's a fairly strong line-up and, given Lukaku's recent form, I'm happy to see Naismith given a few games up front. Hopefully Lukaku can use his ankle knock to rest up and re-charge his batteries so we see the best of him in the run-in

Howard
Barkley
Naismith

Stones
McGeady
Osman
Traore
Deulofeu
Robles
Hibbert

I don't think Martinez really trusts Naismith to start up front, so it'll probably be Osman in for him.

We need to see the teams at the bottom we have to travel to edging to safety in the next month or so. Playing teams in no real danger of going down is far better than scrapping with relegation candidates in their own midden (S'land, Hull, Fulham). I fear them more than I do the likes of Spurs away.

Southampton being in a position where they have "nothing to play for" by the time we play them would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.