The pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked different but that's abar it. As someone else said there was loads of sprinklers on at half time.

All the difference is under the soil, isn't it?

Which begs the question, why on earth spend so much on bloody Flymo's?

Thought the ball got stuck a few times, I did notice several players fall over too. (mainly in the 2nd half after the sprinklers had been on)

u reckon it (pitch) may have 'contributed' to Gibson's knee injury ?

would be typical, shed loads of injuries cos some genius got a good deal on it from the Tesco Homes without having checked out the stats.

u reckon it (pitch) may have 'contributed' to Gibson's knee injury ?

would be typical, shed loads of injuries cos some genius got a good deal on it from the Tesco Homes without having checked out the stats.
Didn't Gibson get load of injuries last season as well mate

The pitch that we now have has been used across plenty of grounds for a while now. I know that it has certainly been used at the Etihad since it was first laid, or at least an equivalent. The pitches will always get watered before games anyway, for a number of reasons, but one of these is that it is much easier to control the amount of water that does hit a pitch, than to control how much water doesn't hit it, almost like makin the weather a more controlled variable. Wet grass can be noticably different to wet grass in how the ball reacts on contact, so its easier to keep it wet all the time, than dry all the time. Also, the heavy watering reduces friction burns to player, but as the fibres at Goodison only make up 7% of the playing area, it's not quite so much of a concern. A lot of the fibre development and usefulness goes on below the immediate topsoil, with deep, strong lines running to deeper than the grass roots, adding stability and helping with the huge stresses the pitch gets put through on a normal game day.

I heard that it was apparently a greener shade of grass than usual and the glare from it made it appear that 22 Hulks were on the pitch?

Can anyone verify?

I heard that it was apparently a greener shade of grass than usual and the glare from it made it appear that 22 Hulks were on the pitch?

Can anyone verify?
Well I did hear Johnny saying you won't like me when I'm angry, think he said it to Ossie.

Status
Not open for further replies.