The pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wigan

Player Valuation: £35m
Anyone who was at the game today...any comments on the new playing surface which is supposed to have 'some artificial elements'. Did the ball move faster across the pitch..was the bounce any different...did it make control easier or more difficult? In the 'old days' teams with completely artificial pitches had a distinct advantage at home (Oldham Athletic under Joe Royle for one...got to the 1st Div on the strength of it)

Anyone who was at the game today...any comments on the new playing surface which is supposed to have 'some artificial elements'. Did the ball move faster across the pitch..was the bounce any different...did it make control easier or more difficult? In the 'old days' teams with completely artificial pitches had a distinct advantage at home (Oldham Athletic under Joe Royle for one...got to the 1st Div on the strength of it)

I went today Steve, pitch looked in great shape but tbh I would expect that at this time of year so is difficult to say if I noticed any changes. Great to be back though and watch a bit of football!

Pitch looked great but the ball stuck a lot more, even after the sprinklers. Our players passing suffered a little bit because of it, but they'll get used to it.

Pitch looked great but the ball stuck a lot more, even after the sprinklers. Our players passing suffered a little bit because of it, but they'll get used to it.

Betis' passing seemed alright mate!

I mainly noticed how better they were at retaining the ball compared to us.

Betis' passing seemed alright mate!

I mainly noticed how better they were at retaining the ball compared to us.

Yeah Betis' passing was better. But i think they're used to that type of surface in spain. The grass was very dry which is why the ball stuck. Either way it'll be fine eventually.

Didn't seem any different to be honest. It's got a small amount of artificial fibre stitched in to try and hold it together better over winter so, if we see any difference, it'll be in mid-season.

Didn't notice a difference, though they had about 6 sprinklers going full-pelt at half time.

Thing is with Goodison the drainage is so strong they have to water the **** out of the pitch, even at times when there has been rain they still have to water it

WHERE AND WHEN DID THE BLUE GRAVEL GO LADS? WHICH FARCIAL **** DECIDED BLUE WASNT THE RIGHT COLOUR FOR US?

Ball ran very smooth on the pitch, helped Betis play great on the ball, wouldn't say its any different, as previously said, it's probaly over winter that we'll see it not tear up as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.