Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Matthew Pennington

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Chris Long

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone else want to fast forward about 5/6 years and go to a place where a lot of these will be around the first team.

lets hope the majority of them make it, because it's doubtful they all will. but it's great for our team, regardless of our financial situation.

A great blend of midfielders in the next batch to come out of the academy, Dowell, Davis, Donaghue (spelling) and Walsh. Add in that Irish lad Kinsella too.

Got mentioned alongside Ross and Ledson in today's echo as exciting talents that Irvine has helped to develop at the academy.

"Irvine, 55, has played a prominent role at Finch Farm, helping the progress of exciting youngsters such as Ross Barkley, Ryan Ledson and Liam Walsh, and Martinez will cast his net wide to find someone capable of continuing his crucial work."

I think it's because of Roberto's comments on the Followtonians podcast, he basically said Green was in stage one of his development, with stage 2 being regular under 21's games and time out on loan(Lunstram, Kennedy, long etc) and stage three being around the first team and making a few appearances off the bench (Garbutt & Browning). All the players listed in the OP are at stages 2 and 3 apart from Ledson who is being fast tracked. Roberto said that he liked Green and said that he has the ability to do something different and win games at u18 level but that they need to establish his best position and role within the team, he wasn't picked for the match day squad for the u18's final, you get the impression he's a bit of a maverick and needs to work at being a team player.

well and truly nailed on the head!

I think it's because of Roberto's comments on the Followtonians podcast, he basically said Green was in stage one of his development, with stage 2 being regular under 21's games and time out on loan(Lunstram, Kennedy, long etc) and stage three being around the first team and making a few appearances off the bench (Garbutt & Browning). All the players listed in the OP are at stages 2 and 3 apart from Ledson who is being fast tracked. Roberto said that he liked Green and said that he has the ability to do something different and win games at u18 level but that they need to establish his best position and role within the team, he wasn't picked for the match day squad for the u18's final, you get the impression he's a bit of a maverick and needs to work at being a team player.

Wise, Wise words. Opened my eyes widely to the reasoning behind these players being where they are.

Sorry, was probably a bit opaque. Maradona came out in support of Suarez last week and made his own t-shirt with a nice message on it.

I just googled it (and opaque soon too) I think Maradona is probably more anti-fifa then pro-suarez. The best players seem to be bad boys for some reason!!

Status
Not open for further replies.