The New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
...i’m happy with it, Dave, but it never ranks high in my list of importance. I’m more bothered about who wears it.
I'm not bothered either. It's just a kit.

I'm merely drawing attention to the way an underperforming club department accepts any old tat design from Umbro and then spins it as "St Domingo range, Archibald Leitch cross-strut" genuflection design to the club's history....a club history they have no 'kin clue about in any case.

I say again: these people are taking the piss and have been for decades. That's why we're rubbish and way off the pace and trophyless for a quarter of a century.

The shirt and it's presentation is a symbol of all that.

I'm merely drawing attention to the way an underperforming club department accepts any old tat design from Umbro and then spins it as "St Domingo range, Archibald Leitch cross-strut" genuflection design to the club's history....a club history they have no 'kin clue about in any case.

I say again: these people are taking the piss and have been for decades. That's why we're rubbish and way off the pace and trophyless for a quarter of a century.

...if you say so, I really don’t know.

Moshiri is our paymaster, i don’t pretend to understand the economics but for me it’s more about the DoF and Manager appointment.

Agree with this, for a club to be sucessful the whole set up has to be run well, from top to botttom. The kit itself wont make us play any better or worse, but what it does show if its poor is that we accept a low standard, start doing that and where do you draw the line with what is important and what isnt.

Says he’s not bothered.

Types a 3 paragraph rant about why he hates it... :coffee:

Everton don't seem to get the Capitalism thing at all.

Don't have something in the shop window, if it is not available to purchase.

;)

Just out of some sort of curiosity i wanted to see how hard it is to design a kit. Gotta say, it is pretty tricky...
Took most of the design ques from old kits.

View attachment 62013

any similarity to other kits is a total coincidence. I just rushed this out without doing much research. I could do better(ish) with some time/effort/will.
Solid effort, like that 80s style of badge

Agree with this, for a club to be sucessful the whole set up has to be run well, from top to botttom. The kit itself wont make us play any better or worse, but what it does show if its poor is that we accept a low standard, start doing that and where do you draw the line with what is important and what isnt.
Starting with the kit deal itself. No figures given with regard to how ‘lucrative’ it is. The stadium is virtually sold out every game, maximising all our sponsership deals should be a must to increase revenue further. Where Umbro the most lucrative? Did we negotiate with anyone other firms?

"St Domingo Range"

""Incorporating the Leitch cross struts".

From a commercial depatment that asks itself: "What BS can we concoct to flog this stuff? I know, appeal to their sense of history...the mugs always fall for it".

They are completely cynical. I actially think that the club despises its own fans. It certainly gives no thought whatsoever to how the club is projected.

Johnson, Kenwright, Moshiri. An utter pisstake.

Totally spot on. The fans are treated with contempt and as long as we are not relegated, they are not arsed.

Starting with the kit deal itself. No figures given with regard to how ‘lucrative’ it is. The stadium is virtually sold out every game, maximising all our sponsership deals should be a must to increase revenue further. Where Umbro the most lucrative? Did we negotiate with anyone other firms?

I do wonder if anyone has inside info on what happened to rumoured under armour deal that was getting touted about a year ago. The esk chap seems to know his stuff, but there seems to have been no commentary or scrutiny of the kit deal at all.

They wisdom is we don't sell any shirts... which i think is partly to do with who make them - who, even if they are global brand - are not and never will be the fashionable. People will be always buy shirts, even if its gola, but can you imagine how good an adidas everton top would be?

My hopel is that multi-year means that, if we get a better offer, we can walk away from umbro.

Last edited:
Totally spot on. The fans are treated with contempt and as long as we are not relegated, they are not arsed.

I do wonder if anyone has inside info on what happened to rumoured under armour deal that was getting touted about a year ago. The esk chap seems to know his stuff, but there seems to have been no commentary or scrutiny of the kit deal at all.

They wisdom is we don't sell any shirts... which i think is partly to do with who make them - who, even if they are global brand - are not and never will be the fashionable. People will be always buy shirts, even if its gola, but can you imagine how good an adidas everton top would be?

My hopel is that multi-year means that, if we get a better offer, we can walk away from umbro.

You really think these figures would change if we stuck 3 stripes on our kit?

Premier League clubs average shirt sales (2011-12 to 2015-16)
ClubAv. salesBest finish
Manchester United1,750,000Champions (2012-13)
Chelsea899,000Champions (2014-15)
Liverpool852,0002nd (2013-14)
Arsenal835,0002nd (2015-16)
Manchester City342,000Champions (x2)
Tottenham268,0003rd (2015-16)
Everton80,0005th (2013-14)
Leicester City50,000Champions (2015-16)
West Ham United45,0007th (2015-16)
Stoke City40,0009th (x3)
Southampton30,0006th (2015-16)
West Bromwich Albion30,0008th (2012-13)
Crystal Palace25,00010th (2014-15)
Middlesbrough25,000(Championship) 2nd
Sunderland25,00013th (2011-12)
Swansea City25,0008th (2014-15)
Burnley15,00018th (2014-15)
Bournemouth10,00016th (2015-16)
Hull City10,00016th (2013-14)
Watford10,00013th (2015-16)

They wouldnt.

People wouldnt buy an Everton kit cos it was Adidas.

Just like people dont buy United kits cos they are Adidas.

People get so caught up in this Umbro thing, its Umbro cos nobody else wanted to pay us more money than them.

And this is the reason why.

AVG-shirt-5yrs-top-20-Europe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.