The most unusual thing you've seen happen in an Everton shirt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
....thought it time to bring a light-hearted thread to the site. What is the most unusual thing you've seen happen in an Everton shirt?

I suspect I'm a fair bit older than most of you lads/lasses but my event only happened approximately 10 years or so ago. I live not far from Belfield and spent many an hour watching Lancashire League games with my kids on a Saturday morning. It got to a point where we would travel, especially to FA Youth Cup games and I saw something amazing in a game at Gigg Lane, Bury, where we played Man Utd.

This is the absolute truth, but I saw Tony Hibbert score a piledriver from 25 yards. It was an amazing strike, 'right in the postage stamp' as Kenneth Wolstenholme would say. Hibbo was central midfielder in those days and I did suggest to a lower league Manager that his future would be as a full back and he did try to secure him on a loan deal. What foresight!!

Anyway, I was there when Hibbo scored and there wasn't a riot. The strike was so clean I'm amazed we haven't seen one since.

I was about 14 and having a kick about with a few mates (while wearing my replica obv) when suddenly a wild owl appeared and swooped down right by us.

It disappeared into the bushes behind the goal and then reappeared a few seconds later wearing a trilby and blue chinos. It gave us a look, as if to say "Yeah, i know I look good guys" and I swear it waved. Then it soared away into the clouds.

Was well weird.

I have seen Neville Southall play in goal for Cheltenham Town, against Everton. 100% true BTW

Neville Southall comin' out early for the second half & sittin' in the goalmouth in the openin' game against leeds way back when......Also Mike Newell almost takin the head off the leeds player (Whyte?) in the same game with a high tackle. I swear the back of his head hit his own arse - and he kept runnin'!! Or neil mcdonald almost hittin' the corner flag with a penalty (Same game)

Either them, or that ref movin the ball back instead of forcin' the norwich wall back the full 10yds earlier this season. :eek:

[QU Either them, or that ref movin the ball back instead of forcin' the norwich wall back the full 10yds earlier this season. :eek:[/QUOTE]

...on the ref point, I was in the Analfield Rd end when Pat Nevin skipped past Burrows on the edge of the 6 yard box and get cythed down with a thigh high challenge. Never seen a more blatant pen in a blue shirt. All eyes switched to the ref, perfectly positioned just outside the box. Amazingly, he waved play on. I can still see him to this day - Keith Hacket who later became Ref's head man. Says it all really.............

Status
Not open for further replies.