The Moshiri Years; A Litany of Wasted Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome burned while DOF fiddled - we never ever had DOF - that was turning point a position made by an accountant owner who knew nothing about football - from then on money poured down the grid from Koeman onwards...... That position of DOF was the death knoll of 100 of millions on poor players on lucrative contracts with no sale on fee !!!
The DoF system works extremely well in the majority of clubs in Europe.

IF used correctly it prevents many of the issues we have faced over the last few years.

The DoFs have not been the issue here, a overbearing owner and a useless Chairmen sticking their noses in things have been our major issues.

Not a single Trophy was won in Europe last season by a team that doesnt employ the DoF system.

Nobody has any idea what was down to Brands or Walsh, I do think Thellwell has more "power" than either of them had, but im pretty sure he still has people above sticking their snout in.

….yep, I think it’s fair to criticise the scope of the role at Everton, the processes that support it and the lack of accountability. its Not that we have a DoF, It’s just not a proper role at Everton and has cost us £millions.

IF used correctly it prevents many of the issues we have faced over the last few years.

The DoFs have not been the issue here, a overbearing owner and a useless Chairmen sticking their noses in things have been our major issues.

Not a single Trophy was won in Europe last season by a team that doesnt employ the DoF system.

…spot on, not to mention the modern day managers are used to working with a DoF.

I
I agree but it's been a disaster for us imo

….his contribution as a player is beyond question but as a Board member he benefited greatly from being a Kenwright stooge and I suspect received a nice pay-off. Board members rewarded for failure;

IMG_6590.jpeg

Chelsea over the past year have been basically doing a more grandiose version of what mosh initially attempted obviously they signed much better footballers but they have been exhibiting the same slipshod disjointed transfer strategy that has no coherence to it.

….and they also employed Lampard, which reminds me. I liked him but Lampard and his large coaching staff waisted plenty;

IMG_6591.jpeg

To me its down to Moshiri being a micro manager and not allowing football people to do football jobs. A complete lack of focus early on when we seemingly acquired a ton of #10's and not much else. Wanting a DoF, but then hiring various managers with widely varying playing styles. Letting ourselves be taken by agents (Iwobi and the loan deal for chap from Villa who never played). Short sightedness - selling Digne and then firing Benitez shortly after. Not firing Laps at the world cup break (and I'd say hiring him in the first place).

The governance at the club is a joke. Nothing will change until Moshiri and Bill are long gone.

To put it in perspective though, a table has come out looking at the net spend of clubs over the last ten years. We rank as 10th highest in England, marginally above Palace.
We never went crazy like is often alluded to, we just signed some awful players on some ill advised contracts.
We did go crazy, net spend doesn’t really come into it. Hes blown north of £500m on mainly dross.
Palace haven’t spend anywhere near that regardless of player sales.

The parallels between the years 1989-97 and 2016 to now are remarkable.

Kenwright involved in the board with stupid owner.
Influx of cash arrives. (Premier league then, new owner now)
Nostalgic signings (Kendall then (twice), Rooney and Sharp on the board recently)
Crap managers that don't last long.
Average players on expensive contracts (Brett Angell then, Michael Keane now)

Basically minus enormous luck with Joe Royle, 16 year old Rooney just as Moyes arrives and probably not having compensation money to sack moyes when things got bad (for the time) Everton have not been good with money since 1988

The parallels between the years 1989-97 and 2016 to now are remarkable.

Kenwright involved in the board with stupid owner.
Influx of cash arrives. (Premier league then, new owner now)
Nostalgic signings (Kendall then (twice), Rooney and Sharp on the board recently)
Crap managers that don't last long.
Average players on expensive contracts (Brett Angell then, Michael Keane now)

Basically minus enormous luck with Joe Royle, 16 year old Rooney just as Moyes arrives and probably not having compensation money to sack moyes when things got bad (for the time) Everton have not been good with money since 1988

Oh yeah, tag on stadium upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.