The Merseyside Derby Build Up Thread

Fancy our chances despite recent form?

• We're Roberto's Blue Army! We'll batter them and give SG a proper swan song!!!

Votes: 144 25.9%
  • Win- not a great one, but will inspire confidence nonetheless.

Votes: 134 24.1%
  • Tie- Jags with his Golden Boot!!!

Votes: 34 6.1%
  • Loss- feels worse than relegation

Votes: 183 32.9%
  • A goal by Ferguson! Duncan Ferguson!

Votes: 61 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we will go with this give or take McCarthy's fitness , then it would be Barry playing in that position. On paper and fully fit, squad depth doesn't look too bad does it. Can't see Lennon getting thrown given the lack of game time at Spurs. Let Mirallas and Lukaku link up like they do at Belguim.

Robles
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
McCarthy Besic
Naismith Mirallas McGeady
Lukaku

Howard
Barry
Oviedo
Koné
Lennon
Barkley
Alcaraz

Garbutt
Pienaar
Gibson
Osman
Distin

If he plays Lennon from the start
Him and mirallas on the wings will we not play Ross or Naismith behind the striker?

I think Lennon will be on the bench but maybe a 4-3-3 with Barry besic McCarthy the midfield and a 3 of Naismith lukaku mirallas

I like this team

That midfield 3 offers no where near enough going forward. You'd have to have barkley in it.

Lennon barkley Miralass
...........Lakaku.............

On form that is frightening!!

McCarthy behind, then take your pick between Barry and besic. Personaly would go Barry but hey ho

If he plays Lennon from the start
Him and mirallas on the wings will we not play Ross or Naismith behind the striker?

I think Lennon will be on the bench but maybe a 4-3-3 with Barry besic McCarthy the midfield and a 3 of Naismith lukaku mirallas
if there is one game to play actual wingers its this one, we can't narrow our play even more against these playing 3 at the back, that would be suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.