The Latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell of a player, along with Lineker the most clinical finisher I have seen at the club, but his all round game was better, shame we had those pair of bells in goal at the same time he was in his pomp.

His equaliser v wham at elland road,when he jumped on the fence,bedlam.
And then tears.
I was sick we got beat in that game.
After the match we wondered around to the side of the ground the west ham fans were in, there was a carpark full of them coaches cars ect , and a steel mesh fence separating us , the cockney were giving us loads from the safety of the fence, when some giant of an Everton fan ran up to it and started shaking it in rage, to this day I dont know how but he ripped it down on his own , full section just taken down with his bare hands, and off he went right into them , amazing sight I have never forgotten it.

After the match we wondered around to the side of the ground the west ham fans were in, there was a carpark full of them coaches cars ect , and a steel mesh fence separating us , the cockney were giving us loads from the safety of the fence, when some giant of an Everton fan ran up to it and started shaking it in rage, to this day I dont know how but he ripped it down on his own , full section just taken down with his bare hands, and off he went right into them , amazing sight I have never forgotten it.
I reckon they had 7/8000 maximum that night,we had virtually the whole ground,Hammers in that little corner as I recall,School next morning facing those gloating red lot, happy days:blush:

Me and my dad got rescued from a load of Leeds fans at that game, by a group of Buster Blood Vessel lookalike West Ham Skins.

We where in the away end and the West Ham fans were sound with us, however there was a group of donkey jacket clad Leeds scruffs in there and they wanted to proper do us in.

The West Ham Skins, sorted all that out for us lol

I was working in London at the time and the only way I could get to Leeds was on the West Ham football special train.
I had to endure a horrible horrible journey back afterwards. I pretended to be asleep to avoid getting my head kicked in.
Horrible memories that night

Me and my dad got rescued from a load of Leeds fans at that game, by a group of Buster Blood Vessel lookalike West Ham Skins.

We where in the away end and the West Ham fans were sound with us, however there was a group of donkey jacket clad Leeds scruffs in there and they wanted to proper do us in.

The West Ham Skins, sorted all that out for us lol
There was murder in are bit with leeds fans at 3 quarter time , came in and tried to start but picked the wrong place to come in , weren't to brave when we laid into them, I was a full on skin at the time there was another skin in the lower bit who started it , and I was fighting with one of them below me, like the st end it had a bit that was higher than the bottom tier,
I vaulted the wall and kicked the stocky blonde lad that was leading the leeds down the stairs of the entrance and we legged them out of the ground.
When I came back my mates were helping me back up the wall and all the west ham were fuming and singing your going to get you fkn head kicked in at me and throat cutting gestures , they thought I had got into west ham fans ,
I would have got lynched if they had got hold of me.
Think about a few hundred of them spent more of the match looking at me rather than the game see you after the game ect,
Well that didnt turn out well for them afterwards when the fence got pulled down , give them there due a few stood there ground till we just had to many of us in the carpark dont think the could register what was happening quick enough , one minute a barrier is there , the seconds later a giant rags it down and hundred of yobs are following him towards them, must have being a horrifying sight to behold.

Yeah my dad talks about him a lot. I always say, if only big Dunc was on the end of that. He would say if only big Bob was on the end of that! This thread reminds me I need to search for some YouTube of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.