The Latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence

Player Valuation: £5m
Many of us of a certain vintage just about had Alan Ball and a great side as our heroes before it was all taken away. My years at "big school" as an Evertonian coincided with the rot setting in. The superstar we had was The Latch, better in my eyes than Sharpy ever was or Joe Royle. The sad thing is the guy who just turned 70 never won a jot with our great club. Tonight I have just watched as much as I could find from the 1977 League Cup Final 3rd replay the closest Latch came to a medal.

No one can claim it was like the Kenwright era, by we spent some big money. We had the most expensive goalkeeper at the time in English football David Lawson, and between him and the two full backs that night it was unbefitting of a team including Latchford, Dobson and Lyons. I had forgotten in the midst of time Lee left McKenzie out for that game, a sign of things to come. Thanks Bob you made the 70s bearable and fun if sadly unsuccessful trophy wise.

I didn't know what an Everton was then, I found out in around 82, fortunately for me, amazing was just around the corner. Though that was a looong time ago. But not to take away from the writer, I agree with the sentiment, from the historical stuff I've watched.

Many of us of a certain vintage just about had Alan Ball and a great side as our heroes before it was all taken away. My years at "big school" as an Evertonian coincided with the rot setting in. The superstar we had was The Latch, better in my eyes than Sharpy ever was or Joe Royle. The sad thing is the guy who just turned 70 never won a jot with our great club. Tonight I have just watched as much as I could find from the 1977 League Cup Final 3rd replay the closest Latch came to a medal.

No one can claim it was like the Kenwright era, by we spent some big money. We had the most expensive goalkeeper at the time in English football David Lawson, and between him and the two full backs that night it was unbefitting of a team including Latchford, Dobson and Lyons. I had forgotten in the midst of time Lee left McKenzie out for that game, a sign of things to come. Thanks Bob you made the 70s bearable and fun if sadly unsuccessful trophy wise.
My first proper Everton hero. Adored Big Bob.
What a player he was

1340072.jpg

Nevermind lineker's legs.
What about @latchfordslegs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.