The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might still be in big trouble playing Coleman at right back, he needs to be eased into it not just thrown in there for the rest of the season.

This season is a write-off, so now's as good a time as any.

And Coleman isn't as bad a RB as everyone thinks. If he was on loan at Blackpool still he'd be starting there, and I guarantee he'd be doing so at a lot of other PL teams. Teams above us.

Besides Hibbo's slow and Neville's been crap for a while and seemingly has one eye on Spuds. I say play the guy who'll give it his all and have the pace to match modern wingers. I mean, at least if he does make a mistake he'll be able to learn from it.

And him and Bily on one side will be as lethal as Baines/Pienaar, if not more so, I know that much. Coleman overlapping with Bily's vision, Bily cutting in on his left... sure we'll be more prone defensively, but we'll also have another flank of attack.

And Coleman isn't as bad a RB as everyone thinks. If he was on loan at Blackpool still he'd be starting there, and I guarantee he'd be doing so at a lot of other PL teams. Teams above us.

Besides Hibbo's slow and Neville's been crap for a while and seemingly has one eye on Spuds. I say play the guy who'll give it his all and have the pace to match modern wingers. I mean, at least if he does make a mistake he'll be able to learn from it.

And him and Bily on one side will be as lethal as Baines/Pienaar, if not more so, I know that much. Coleman overlapping with Bily's vision, Bily cutting in on his left... sure we'll be more prone defensively, but we'll also have another flank of attack.

I agree, i think Seamus might command a starting spot at many of our rivals at RB. I think he's a rough diamond who would be a killer wing-back; as would Baines, but i don't want to get all Glenn Hoddle on this baord, and tell everyone how i feel we have the perfect players to play in a 3-5-1:)

Love your optimism mate ! I'd have taken Vela all day long but wouldn't be so sure he could play up top on his own !!

I agree, i think Seamus might command a starting spot at many of our rivals at RB. I think he's a rough diamond who would be a killer wing-back; as would Baines, but i don't want to get all Glenn Hoddle on this baord, and tell everyone how i feel we have the perfect players to play in a 3-5-1:)

I think it could work but only if u played 352 mate as opposed to 351 ! We struggle with 11 players let alone 10 !!!

Torres out Suarez in; a little bit of a goofy decision at "Disney FC" if you ask me, Carlos.
To be honest, Neville to Spurs would not bother me too much; it would spare us our Captains contrived claps and shouts our way at the end of games. If you ask me, PN is on the decline anyway. Seamus, Tony, Jags, and JH can do the same job at right-back, imho.

it's a pity jags and JH are pretty much rubbish at RB. Let's not get started on Hibbert. And let's not worry about what it might do for squad morale to see the captain wanting to jump ship. At least we're not the RS right?

I'm happy with Hibbo at right back! Yeah he aint best attacking but defensively he is sound! With Coleman in front aswell it could work ok. I'd like to see Kranjcar but to be honest have given up all hope of a new signing! Only reason I'm glad see youngsters is something new to watch when I go see the reserves!

O'Hara, Keane, Kranjcar, we could have done already in the Peanuts 'embezzling'
Spurs player on loan = protracted summer negotiation revolving around Fellaini swap deal
Memo to Moyes: DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE TO HARRY SCROTUM
Stephen Ireland can play.
SWP adds something different. Not sure though. Could end up an impact sub.
I don't know, all the names are blurred to me now, could be the booze.
Still think we need 2, would settle for one, expecting none.

I'm obviously depressed like everyone else about the lack of activity but it's not terribly surprising. We're currently sitting near the bottom of the league, which means (IIRC) about 4m less in revenue at the end of the season. Sadly, that's probably the difference for us between affording some loans this Jan and not being able to get anyone. Even if we were getting someone, the fact it's taken until the end of the month isn't surprising either -- save a months wages and all. ::sigh::

Now, obviously the best case scenario is we get a new board with lots of money (but obviously, as everyone here knows and there is absolutely no need whatsoever for me to clarify this for anyone because we are all aware of this fact, that is very unlikely to happen).

If that doesn't happen, I think we're looking at nothing happening in the next window too. Unless we sell to buy. Aside from the current loans becoming permanent I don't see where we can sell from the squad which would raise much money (aside from sales which would hurt really bad).

What's my point? We should all give up! Not supporting Everton of course ... but expecting this current board to do anything in a transfer window. It's madness. At some point, shame on them, but we're the fools for sitting here expecting something when all evidence points to nothing.

COYB tomorrow morning! Thanks to El-Cab and THT for trying of course -- I can't help but feel they are air raid watchmen standing in a watchtower two years after the war has ended. There are no planes coming ... but it's nice knowing they are out there just in case.

Last edited:

This season may be a 'write off' but we're too close to the relegation zone to expect Coleman to suddenly become our first team right back especially considering how he was torn to shreds by both Newcastle and Huddersfield earlier in the season. I'd prefer us not to be leaking any more goals than we already are.

This season may be a 'write off' but we're too close to the relegation zone to expect Coleman to suddenly become our first team right back especially considering how he was torn to shreds by both Newcastle and Huddersfield earlier in the season. I'd prefer us not to be leaking any more goals than we already are.

We'd score more though.

Plus as recently as the Liverpool game; Nev got bummed by GLEN JOHNSON and let him cross for them to score. Nev isn't the stalwart some people seem to think. Not anymore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.